• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils, StrikeMaster or Jiffy?

Adrian Alden

I've owned 2 Jiffy's with no problems what so ever but I hear good things about Nils. I'm a fan of chipper blades because they work so consistently and are not subject to dull blades nearly as bad as shaver blades, although a good sharp shaver blade will usually drill faster than mine. "Your get what you pay for" applies to augers like everything else.

Been runnin a jiffy 2hp stelth for two years now and love it. It starts 2-3 pulls every time no mater how cold it is. I also find it to cut holes faster than any strike or other model of jiffy out there. The nils is lighter and maybe faster than mine but also costs a bit more too.

Many good augers out there. Every brand has at least 1 very good auger and most times 2 or 3.

Go to a store that has a bunch of them and play with them and ask questions. Get the one you think fits your needs the best.

I chose a Nils because its very light, very fast and is longer than the others. Decide whats important to you and get the one you like and fits your pocket book.

I own a nils, first year, and there are not a lot out there and I love it.

I have noticed people with a lot of problems this year and they are not a Nils. Just saying what I have noticed. And man you can hear some of them a mile away.

Nils are Quite, fast, light and reliable.