• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ONLY 23 WEEKS!!!!

MUSKY18

Some of us won't have to wait that long....

Lets see there's muskies in Kentucky and Ohio and Indiana and in Illinois and in the show me state....I'll be thinking about all of you guys while I'm fishing.

No, really I will. smile

Happy Holidays!

"Ace"

It's always too long before the season starts... Even one day before is too long. The North Metro chapter of MI is having a banquet on January 31, 2009. At least these events can give some relief to the muskie blues. Google the web site to check out the details.

Let's see here, i've:

-Watched all my video's

-Watched all my friends video's

-Sharpened all my hooks

-Recieved all my reels back from getting tuned up/repaired

-Made plans for a new-to-me boat by opener

-Made plans for several trips up north

-Driven my wife crazy yapping about "wishing i could go fishing"

-Been to a store once per week to browse

-Made a list of stuff to get at the shows

Now what....maybe go set up a dark house on specific spots and see what swims by...that would be fun!

I hear ya Ace!!! Making plans now to head down to Kincaid and fish some muskies with Chad Cain, but that still seems like a long wait!!!!! shocked

JRedig........I have done that before. Went out to Alex with a buddy and he had a dark house setup. Saw a few muskies float through the hole, and a couple of those were beauts! It is not a good idea to do however, only makes matters worse!!!! crazy

Did you jig a cowgirl while looking down that spear hole? HAHAHAHA crazy

It would be cool to watch them down there.

I have everything ready to roll. Could send a few reels in to Abu though. Nothing new there. I'm ready to nail them. eek

Hey Cjac,

You will absolutely love Texas bass fishing.

Some of the hottest bass lakes on the planet right now, are in Texas.

I used to go down there every year back in the day. Unfortunately my legs just can't take it anymore. Lake Fork is a must do, anytime you're in Texas.

Have a great time!

"Ace"

Ace guide service.

Thanks Ace,

Lake Fork and the surrounding Wood County lakes is exactly where we're headed! Biggest expense is gas, and with the prices where they're at now, it's too good of a trip to pass up! Look for a convoy of Chevy trucks and Skeeters on March 6th headed down I35! They get a lot over 6lbs every year, some over 8 and have hit the 10lb mark a few times. Should be fun and I'll certainly learn a TON!

I just have to get my back in line first, still recouping from the 2 surgeries. That's the best incentive there is to get my body in shape!

Delmut... the project is going along SLOWLY... cant really do much on it right now with the cold temp and all the snow...

Motor is now on a stand in the garage... I need to get all the gears and the shafts from old lower unit out and transplanted into the new lower unit housing...

Will be using the next 3-4 months to order everything I need including epoxy resin, marine plywood, fiberglass, wires, hydraulic steering, carpeting, seats, etc etc to get the boat back to pristine condition... I will also build and install a livewell measuring 61" long, 29" wide, and about 14" deep... just never know when you would need one... and it could double as built-in cooler or whatsoever... and it'll also be the top for extended casting deck... thats the only major change I can think of...

Once the snow melts... and the temp hits 60's the boat will be all I will do til shes done and running... dont think I'll be doing any fishing til shes done...