• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vexilar fl-12

Dhow

I have one with the ultra pack, and LOVE it. In my opinion-its pretty much the FL-8 with the flat screen addition. I know so many guys that would never stray from using their 8's, so when I was in the market for a new flasher, I figured any upgrade from something that everyone swears by, can only be good. Yes, its not the 20 with the zoom, but for my usage (mostly pretty shallow lakes) didnt think the zoom was a neccesity for the cost difference. All in all, very happy with my purchase. The only thing I waivered on after deciding to go with the 12, was what size ducer to get. This also depends on the types of water your fishing, and my decision was to go with the middle 12 degree...

Im thinking of getting a fl-12 sometime after christmas. Just wondering how well they compare to the other units available by vexilar. All input is greatly appreciated

Id opt for the 18, I really have grown attached to zooming in on the bottom with the split screen, I also like that you can run 2 units next to each other with the "interference control" on the 18, but maybe the 12 has that too...

I have the fl-12 and I absolutly love the thing. I pick up little to none interferance and has done great. Even with fishing deeper waters it has done well and I like the feature of being able to switch depth rating if im under 20ft of water. Grant it with the walleye fishing it is a lil tough when they are on the bottom but I can still pick them up a little bit and know that they are there.

Whatever you get im sure you will be pleased. I cant even go fishing with out it anymore. There has been times I have left it in the truck and made the long walk back to get it. Good luck on whatever you get

The biggest thing you're giving up by going with the FL12 vs. the FL18 or FL20 is the zoom mode. Zoom is really nice when going after fish that are tight to the bottom, or in the midst of the weeds, as it gives you a better view of the fish and your bait. Zoom is also nice in deep water because it gives more room on the display for the targets to separate.

If you're fishing shallow water, or fishing the whole water column like you would for crappies and sunfish, then not having zoom wouldn't be an issue.

Of course, another advantage to the FL12 is the flat screen display, a really nice feature.

You can check them out and compare features at Pro Fishing Supply Flashers if you want.

Wow, I'm surpised no one mentioned Marcum yet.

My opinion is go with the extra features. Its better to have it and not need it than want it a yeat later and upgrade for more than it would have cost to just get a better unit in the first place.

BTW, I have an LX-3tc. The zoom is awesome, but it isn't really neccessary in 19ft or less.

the only thing stopping most people from buying the full monte fl20 with a dual beam transducer in the ultra pack would be money

thats why they make them in a different config's I have been using a pro pack 18 for the the four seasons and love it.