• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dang Lousy Truck!!!!

Bucksnort101

Was all set to get out on the Ice for the first time this season and the Truck broke down last night. Blew out a spark plug and completely wrecked the threads in the Block. Don't think a Helicoil is going to do the trick either. Shop won't work on it until the Monday after Christmas so I am without a vehicle until at least next Tuesday afternoon.

No fishing for me this weekend. Guess I'll have to fiddle with some arrows or something to occupy my time.

Nope Chevy, has blown the plug a couple times, I knew I was pushing it, but wanted to get through the Winter with it.

I will be repaired, question is how much is it going to cost.

Maybe I can bribe a buddy to come get me and put me on a lake for at least one day this weekend. Hate being couped up in the house for too long as I'll go insane.

Get off the sidewalks, I'm driving my truck again. Repair shop got a helicoil and new plug in, but said the alternator was now not working and wanted to soak me for a new one.

Picked it up in the dark last night and drove it home with no alternator, of coarse had to stop at every stoplight between the shop and home and had to wait for on Fire Truck with light flashing go by.

Finally got home just as the battery went dead, lights and gauges all stopped working as I pulled up the driveway.

Got a new drive belt and alternator instally by 11:00 p.m. and am now ready for a 4 day weekend of Ice Fishing. WooHoo.