Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lovebigbluegills

Rod holders for an X2

8 posts in this topic

Has anybody found rod holders that work well in an X2, or made their own?

I'm looking for some good ideas, other than making a couple holes in the sled (I used to have a Frabill that had pre-drilled holes in the front of the bench for putting rods in).

I am going through this dilema as well. I just bought a couple of those cheap red ground ones and was going to try and rig something up, i will let you know if it works.

I have a couple of catch cover rod holders that mount to the poles. They aren't big enough to mount to the bigger poles, but I mount them to the support poles in the front of the house. You can also put them on the internal poles on the side of your X2. They work great as the rod just rests in the cradle and is very secure yet easy to take out. Most places have them for around $20 each but I found them at Reeds for $14.99.

I use two kinds of rod holders. I use the nature vision multiflex rod holders on the outside poles on each side of the trap.

CC-MF02-w-rod-thumb.jpg

And I use the Outdoor Creations hot-rod holders (the wall mount ones) that I stick into holes drilled in the tub lip and center console.

wallholder.jpg

Im thinking the Otter Rod holders would be able to be mounted in one. I run them and they are very nice and adjustable.

I agree Steve. There has to be a way to attach the Otter rod holders. One might need to drill a hole or two.