• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No noise from fuel pump when key is turned

superbee

I have an 05 Bearcat 660. The other day when I turned the key, the fuel pump did not make any noise. Needless to say it wouldn't start. I tied switching the relays around and still nothing, fuses were good, so I plugged it in for a few hours and it ended up running the fuel pump and starting fine. I ran it few hours prior to it not starting and it ran great. Any ideas on what it could have been? Plugging it in shouldn't have affected the fuel pump, I wouldn't think.

how's the charge on the battery? When my battery was dying, the fuel pump wouldn't pressurize the system. I don't know about plugging in the block heater though, maybe it warmed the battery up, if indeed it was a battery issue.

I guess it's possible you had some water in your fuel freeze. Any other symptoms?

I plugged the block heater in and then it ended up starting. The battery seems good, I didn't put a tester on it, but it turned over fast and strong. The battery conections are tight. If there was water in the system, wouldn't I still hear the pump trying to run and pump fuel? I added some heat to the fuel today. It started fine today. I ran it a few different times to check. I am not sure what the issue was or if it will return again. It would b nice to find the problem so I don't worry when I ride it. The conditions are lots of powder snow and snow dust keeps going in the vents, would that cause a problem with the relays?

The only reason I though water in the fuel was if ice had formed in the pickup, so that the pump wasn't able to prime, then maybe you wouldn't hear a noise.

was the cutoff switch pressed in my any chance? Sometimes I forget that it's on and the engine cranks but doesn't turn over. There is no fuel pump noise when the switch is engaged.

I checked the kill switch a couple times and it was good. I even put it on and off afew times thinking maybe something might be stuicking. I am not very familiar with 4 strokes, alot more used to the 2 strokes. I appreciate the help.

We have two 2002 AC fourstrokes and a 2004 turbo and for some reason we have had the problem with the 2002 before. It has only happened to us when it was really cold out for some reason. There is also something with the throttle if the spacers or whatever there called have excessive play the fuel pump does not work. If you just wiggle on it with the key on it usally works.

I have an 06 Bearcat... 660, non turbo.. This has happened to me twice.. Both on very very cold days, and at times I had not added heet to my fuel. I believe the symptom is from moisture in the pump...

Last year, happened on a guide trip, 40 below windchill. Sitting duck out there. I got so mad I shook the you know what out of the machine... Turned the key and it started.. Second time.. Shook the machine and it started..

All I know.. Add Heet or a similar product to your gas during every fill up...

I have added heet to it now, I will be sure to add it to each tank from now on. If all else fails, I guess I will shake it and hope my machine responds as good as yours. It's nice to hear that it isn't just mine, but it would be better if they just didn't have the problem.