• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Smoked ham (Should you cook in the oven too)

I bought a half pig and got 2 smoked hams. I was wondering if this meant they were cooked. Or do I nned to cook in the oven too. I'm gonna slice up the meat for small sandwich snacks. Is there a better way to cook it then just baking? Thanks, Kid

Usually the Ham is not cooked. Can you ask the butcher you got it from to be sure?

It won't hurt to cook it regardless. "Score" the Ham with a knife in a diamond pattern through the fat on the top. 1/2 inch deep.

I make a coating with brown sugar, stone ground mustard and Pineapple juice, spread it all over the top of the ham and bake it at 325 degrees, 20 minutes per pound. You can add a cup of water to the bottom of the roasting pan so your drips don't scorch and it adds moisture to the oven while the Ham bakes.