• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Transducer Problems.....FL 18

Fillet

Is there a sure way to tell if a transducer is going bad? I have the dual ducer for the 18(either from the first or second year the 18's came out). The signal from the 9 degree is weaker than the 19 degree. Shouldn't it be the other way around? I also think the 19 is running weak. I have been fishing less than 10 feet with spoons and genz bugs and have to have the gain set to the highest on the lp mode or about 1/3 on the normal mode. This doesn't seem right to me. What do you think? Bad transducer?

when fishing in LP mode its going to need a little stronger gain response. I have the same unit and it does the same thing I think the LP setting is so the bounce you get from the bottom is not to fast and does not read every piece of floaty stuuf found in shallow water... I see there is no problem with having to turn the gain up when in LP. as long as its performing wel in the normal setting hope you understand what im tryin to explain...

I completely understand. But should 7ft of water on normal power need 1/3 to 1/5 the gain for a 1/4 ounce spoon with a full minnow? I had it in 25 ft a couple of weeks ago and with the 19 degree on normal power, i needed over 3/4 of the gain to barely read my spoon.