• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jiffy Ice Drills

Question

I was surfing websites today and came across the Jiffy Ice Drill site. I see they have a new STEALTH drill this year. The information provided states it is Stealth cutting technology, positive starting and easy cutting. Has anyone seen this at the stores yet? Also, being NEW, I am curious to know who out there was able to use this last year?

14 answers to this question

I got them in at Mills Fleet Farm in St Cloud. They are available in the 3HP model in 8, 9 or 10 inch bits.

Jiffy has added two extra small blades near the center point at the bottom of the drill bit. It is brand new this year, so we will see how it works. It looks like a sweet setup, maybe even better than the Strikemaster Lazer series.

They run about $380-$390 depending on the size if the hole you want.

Good Luck,
Skeets

The new 5 bit system hogs through ALL types of ice very well.

stealthpoint_sm.jpg

I seen a prototype in action and they really cut fast and clean out well.

I plan to be running a the 2 H.P. Jiffy Stealth™ Series Model 77-ST/79-ST this season.

2hpstealth_sm.jpg

www.jiffyonice.com

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]
http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-06-2002).]

The two new center bits produce more chips then the single bit point did in the past.

If you look the cut-out in the center of the cutting head you will see it has been increased to alow for the chips to be easily pulled up to the inside of the flighting.

You would be wiser to buy the new lower cutting head and swap them out then trying to modify the old head in my opinion.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]

From my understanding the only way to buy the Stealth Auger is to buy the complete unit. Jiffy is not selling the drill assembly with the Stealth Point and it can not be added onto any exsisting units. To drill a hole into heat treated steeel would be very difficult. Plus you would not be able to drill the holes in the correct postion because of the bottom plate.

I can not wait untill I have the opportunity to try this new auger. I am hearing alot of positive comments on how smooth it drills.

IcePro are your saying the lower auger flighting will not interchange with a another Jiffy power head?

From what I seen they appear to use the same style and size output shaft and auger insert, maybe not?

I have yet seen any Jiffy Auger that you could not buy a new replacement auger of your choice to fit the power head. It would be odd if they started that policy now?

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]

The Stealth™ & RIPPER™ cutting features will be offered on all the following Premium models.

LEGEND LIGHTning™ (Model 77 - ST)
LEGEND™ (Model 31- ST)
LIGHTning Bolt™ (Model 79 - ST)
THUNDER Bolt™ (Model 34 - ST.)

I am checking in with Feldmann today to see if they have a blackout on selling the individual Stealth™ Drill Assembly's this season. It is a new product so maybe they do? I'll let you know what I hear from Jiffy.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 11-07-2002).]

I stand corrected, IcePro hit it on the head, no sales outside of a complete unit in 2002-2003.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ed

You can not purchase just a Stealth drill assembly. The Stealth is only available as a complete unit, powerhead and drill assembly.

You can purchase the Stealth off of our
HSOforum www.jiffyonice.com or by calling us at 1-800-344-0712.

Best regards,
Jeff Huenink

Feldmann Engineering and Manufacturing Co., Inc.
~~~~~

Kinda Odd..yup, but there it is folks.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300
[email protected]

thanks for the research EDDY, I guess they want to sell the whole unit, however mine works fine as is, and you'd think they would rather make a few dollars rather than none cause I won't replace a perfectly good machine so I can cut ice a little quicker. That's part of what's wrong with this world today!