Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ya Hey Der

What is best way to get gasoline odor off hands?

22 posts in this topic

Auger leaked gas and I got it on my hands, any suggestions on how to get rid of the odor?

Diesel fuel. sorry, couldn't resist. I drive a diesel and that smell could cover up a skunk, among other things. wink

Take a deuce and "Be a man, use your hand." shockedlaughblush

(You just said you want to get rid of the gas smell, not make your hands smell good.)

Seriously, I wash my hands in a soap/pine sol mixture. That seems to take it away just fine.

Try toothpaste, our custom manure hauler says it works great to take THAT smell off his hands.

washed with soap and water a bunch of times already. I just tried the lemon juice and it helped a little bit (didn't realize how many little cuts I had on my hands, guess I won't be doing that again for awhile). Thanks for all the other suggestions, gonna go get some diesel and try that out now. crazy

Diesel fuel. sorry, couldn't resist. I drive a diesel and that smell could cover up a skunk, among other things. wink

grin

Try toothpaste, our custom manure hauler says it works great to take THAT smell off his hands.

hey i work at a hog farm and this does work!!! after working there for 2 yrs and sick of having my hands smell like pig sh!t.i tried it and works

I also use toothpaste to get the Fish slime off my hands after cleaning them. GO-Jo works great to get gas/deisel off..

Jet A is tough to get off too. The mechs here all use a citris based hand cleaner, and it works very well.

I wash with gojo (preferrably the orange) then wash with dawn dish soap then with regular hand soap. If still there do all three again.

Try one of those stainless steel wonder bars they work. try rubbing your hands on stainless steel sink see what happens.

brake cleaner, wd-40 or gun cleaner... then wash with antibacterial hand soap. then use lotion to get moisture back on your hands the cleaners will dry your hands out and that aint good in the winter

I tried the toothpaste last night and it worked. Not sure if it was because I washed my hands a bunch of times with soap and water and then tried the lemon juice before the toothpaste but it worked.

Thanks!