Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
NAMASafetyDirector

Best Battery??

What are some of the best deep cycle marine batteries out there on the market today. I am going to add another one for more capacity to the SnoBear and I want this one to be the "last one" for a while. More concerned about the quality than cost at this point. Thanks..NAMA

This will sound counterintuitive, but the best batteries I have owned are Fleet Farm Dual Purpose Group 31 batteries. I was hesitant to go with the dual purpose, however based upon a recommendation, I gave them a try. (I figured if they didn't work, I'd return them under warranty). I did a few marathons with the trolling motor and they never went below 50%. They have outperformed other big name deep cycles I've had in the past and only cost $75. A few guys I fish with are also believers. I know the argument is that deep cycles will outperform the dual purposes, but just giving my two cents based upon my experience.

I've ran Napa Orbital deep cycle batteries for a number of years. The reason I like them is they are lighter, smaller in size with great performance.

Optima's are great if you like to replace batteries often due to failure. If you want a great battery buy an Odyssey. A PC1500 would be a the group34 option (same size as Optima's). The PC1750, PC2150, and PC2250 are larger and would work great for trolling motors depending on how much room you have.

I run 4 Interstae batteries on my boat and I have had very good luck with them.

Biggest thing to me is customer service and the dealer here in Superior has always been very good about backing the products they sell.

I was in a tourney and had a battery run down. Thought it was the battery. Turned out to be the on board charger I had. Anyways they checked the battery and said it just needed charging. They gave me a new battery and sold the other as a used reconditioned. I was in and out in 15 minutes. No charge!

Back in the boat and fishing in 1/2 hour.

My stator went on my engine last opener. They had 2 new batteries to me at the landing in 45 minutes.

My problems have never been the battery always other factors but they made sure I could stay on the water. Now thats service!

Trojan batteries are my choice. Have used them for many years and never let me down. They are cheaper than Optimas and last alot longer. Got 8 years on my current battery and still going strong.

I started using Trojans 4 yrs. ago, and that is all I will use now. Still using the same starting and deep cycle's that I bought then. Hold a charge great, and last all day w/the trolling motor running most of the day.

I had a non deep cycle Optima for 11 years in three different vehicles, I sold it with the last one. This was before they were bought out.They have a high upfront cost, but they seem to be worth it in the long run.