• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stupid bait

I love those E/C 775 hooks when fish get hooked they stay hooked, I use to hate them just because, with no real reason I guess, then I started using them on everything except big baits on advice from an old Muskie god.

That fine wire sets the hook itself and Ive never had a hook bend on fish well over 50 inches.

One other thing I like about them is they cut easy unlike Mustad 3551's, but I do like the 3551's allot they hold well too.

Cool bait, The hole in it is an interesting idea. I'd like to see that in action.

Since we got on the subject of hooks... are the mustad 3551 the hooks used on the DCG's if so can you get them with a shorter shaft?, and are they using 7/0 on those baits as well?

Another question about the eagle claw's with the rounded point, is there any reason to use that style over a straight point or is it just personal preference? - Thanks

I have a double round file I made for the curved hooks they dont take much to sharpen at all. The bait turns 180 with almost no forward movement, so its a great target.

They are 3551's on the DCG I'm sure, I wish Mustad made them short but all the finer wire are round bend and for me they lose more fish than they hook.