Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
LOTWSvirgin

Pic of your big deer or anything else you harvested

Just wonderin if you ladys have any pics of your animls you you have harvested? I want to show my girlfriend that she to can harvest an animal. She thinks it is to hard to do. Thanks

Gotta love a girl with her deer pics! Nice pics Char!

What do you think that dipwad in the middle of the Appeldoorn's pic was looking at?

Wonder how come the dipwad in the middle and the gal in pink on the end weren't wearing their official WTG hats. And what the he!! is with that blue shirt, looks more like a SUV tent. Come on Barb, get some clothes that fit!!!

yep, slowly but surely that phrase what goes on up there stays up there will slowly disappear and we will find out a lot more things. smirkgrinwinkwhistle

Here's a couple that my daughter Jennifer has harvested recently.

Jennydeer.jpg

100_0558.jpg

Nice pictures FN! I love those fresh snow pictures!

Picture377.jpg

Lake Trout

Picture376.jpg

First fish on a fly rod! It almost hit me in the face I didn’t even realize it was on there.

Picture331.jpg

European mount I did on my fiance’s nine pointer… don’t know if it counts but I’m proud of it.

August2008133.jpg

Sis in law and me charlies angels pose

August2008136.jpg

Little Crappie

cropped.jpg

Northern- great fight got wrapped up with the minnow bucket then the anchor and we still got him!

100_1096.jpg

Nicer walleye- summer opener last year

betterpicofus2.jpg

Jake and I with my eight and his nine pointer

betterpicofme.jpg

Me alone with my buck

With all the layers a gal has to put on, no one looks very feminine with all that gear on. But I don't care. I'm happy in my giant Arctic Armor and Ice Kings! Just remind her she'll have a great time whatever lake she's on because she's ice fishing, right?!

Way to go girls, I'm impressed! Wish my wife would take more of an interest in my outdoor passion.

How are the ladies doin? Guess the length of my walleye see if you can guess better than the guys...

Must be kinda small, I can't see it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• I am still waiting for something exciting on the Wild front...nothing yet that is for sure...just hoping the same old guys have some gas left in the tank at the end of the year and the "young kids" have finally graduated and can bring it to another level...it's all about the playoffs...getting in is easy...actually making any sort of run is the is where the rubber meets the road. Cullen making a "family" decision vs a "hockey" decision was lucky for Chuck that is for sure and Cullen is not going to bring us to another level...but will be an OK role player and 3rd or 4th liner..probably will fill the jersey of a young guy we have unfortunately..but it is what it is.
    • Which questions?  The one about your education?   Must have been a long time ago since I don't recall it.  I do remember you being a big big huge fan of Chiropractic.   Perhaps you could refresh my memory, it shouldn't take long to post your CV   And I guess you must have missed physics class as well, since in physics calculations of forces are the same no matter the frame of reference, yet you continue to suggest there is a difference between a frame referenced to a person's center of mass, and one referenced to the earth.   I did see this article from a newspaper.... The author must have at least as much qualification as you do http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/muscles-worked-out-using-treadmill-7727.html What Muscles Are Worked Out When Using a Treadmill? The treadmill is a versatile exercise machine that lets users walk, jog and run on flat or uphill surfaces. In addition to providing an effective cardiovascular workout, treadmills also help strengthen the muscles of the legs and butt. Depending on the incline, you can work the front or the rear of your legs more intensely; however, every treadmill workout strengthens both.   The Quadriceps People who walk and jog on the treadmill with regularity gain endurance and strength in the quadriceps muscles. The quadriceps are named for the four large muscles on the front of the thighs; they are the rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis and vastus intermedius. These muscles help the body jump and squat in addition to walking and running. As a result, treadmill exercise applies to more than just working out; it also improves the ease with which you go about activities of daily living. The Hamstrings Like the quadriceps, "hamstrings" is also a collective name for a muscle group. The hamstrings, comprising the biceps femoris, the semitendinosus and the semimembranosus, lie between the buttocks and the back of the knee on the rear thigh. The muscles of the hamstrings are used for power walking and running in addition to squatting and jumping, and -- in general -- the more you exercise on the treadmill, the greater your hamstrings' endurance gains will become. However, according to the University of Wisconsin, roughly a quarter of collegiate athletes who sprint injure their hamstrings. As a result, warm up on the treadmill slowly, and increase running speeds gradually. The Calves The calf muscles of the rear lower leg, comprising the gastrocnemius and the soleus, also work hard during treadmill exercise. According to a study from the Laboratory of Medical Physics in The Netherlands, most of the work performed by the calf muscles occurs as you push off from your toes while walking, running and jumping. You can increase the workload on your calves -- and your hamstrings -- by increasing the incline on the treadmill. The Glutes The glutes make up the muscles of the rear end and, like the leg muscles, help you walk, jump and run. "Fitness" magazine reports that people who set their treadmills to a steep incline increase the workload on their glutes significantly, which increases strength, improves endurance and burns fat and calories. Although the treadmill helps you gain leg strength, the machine is primarily known for its cardiovascular health benefits. As a result, if you exercise regularly on a treadmill you can expect health gains on the inside of your body as well as the outside.    
    • Talk about humor, the original post was from April 2013.    I'm sure the OP has already bought his treadmill, used it as a clothes hanger and re-sold it on C-r-a-i-g-s-l-i-s-t. 
    • Deer numbers on PUBLIC land in NW WI are very low.  Private land seems to be the opposite.  I hunt a number of public areas in Polk County for the last ~10 years or so.   You have to work pretty hard to shoot a deer there.  MFL land is also heavily hunted, but there are lots of opportunities.   Once you learn an area you might do alright, but it is tough if you are new to the region.   Don't expect to get permission to hunt on any farms, in my experience they are all tied up for friends/family.
    • Thanks for the humor. 
    • Thanks for the humor.
    • boys........boys.......................boys.................do you to need a time out? a group hug??????????
    • I'll just laugh when you fall because you have a terribly inefficient movement pattern created by a treadmill.  I don't need any sort of medical background to know that you move on the ground (earth) as you pull yourself forward and push yourself away while on a tread mill your just moving without purpose.  Your body will learn from repetition and when you increase the intensity, your body will develop those patterns faster.   Thank you for the attempted digs, I have addressed every one of those questions in the past numerous times.  Its not my fault you cant remember Dick      
    • To answer your question, at peak eclipse I measured 3500 LUX outside, which is brighter than thick clouds. To fish, what happened today was a typical cloud moved in front of the sun.
  • Our Sponsors