• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Convert LMS-522 to ice rig or just buy another Flasher?

Kylersk

Thanks to speedbump, I picked up the kit and it looks great. Can't wait to get it out on the ice and see how it does.

On another note, found an LX-5 on C-list last night for a price I couldn't pass up either. So now I have both grin. Gonna be a fun year on the ice!!

Thanks to speedbump, I picked up the kit and it looks great. Can't wait to get it out on the ice and see how it does.

On another note, found an LX-5 on C-list last night for a price I couldn't pass up either. So now I have both grin. Gonna be a fun year on the ice!!

I would love a head to head comparision, likes and dislikes, etc.

Put together something fun when you get more time with both units on the ice.

I have an lx-3 that has been upgraded to the tc package and I also just bought a 522c for the boat and got the ice package. After hearing all the comments I am looking forward to getting the 522c out on the ice. Sandmannd and Chode2235 if you guys go out I would like to tag along to see how the 522c works. I live in St. Paul near St. Thomas college.

chaffinfam4atcomcast.net

The more the merrier Chaff. I sent you an email.

So anyone know how to set the 522 to ice mode and also turn off the GPS. I played with it a little tonight, but the midget is all about Dad now so I don't get a lot of time to myself. Not a bad problem to have though.

Sandmannd. I think I can answer your question. Here's the basic arrangement I do when setting up...

Go under PAGES > SONAR > FLASHER and press ENTER. You will now be in your Flasher Mode.

Press MENU and scroll down to ICE MACHINE MODE and press ENTER. When you power the unit off this feature change should be saved automatically for future use.

Next press PAGES > MAP and then press the EXIT button. You will now be in your MAP screen.

Press MENU twice. Then scroll down to GPS SETUP and press ENTER

Scroll down to USE INDOORS and press ENTER.

You should be good to go from there! wink

I have an lx-3 that has been upgraded to the tc package and I also just bought a 522c for the boat and got the ice package. After hearing all the comments I am looking forward to getting the 522c out on the ice. Sandmannd and Chode2235 if you guys go out I would like to tag along to see how the 522c works. I live in St. Paul near St. Thomas college.

chaffinfam4atcomcast.net

We're in the same neighborhood, I am by St. Kates. No problem.

Last night I played around a bit with the 522.. Got the settings somewhat figured out. But, I couldnt get it to display, as clearly as the LX3, my lure in the weeds. The weeds were about 2' tall and once my lure went in, most of the time it just dissapeared and I was fishing blind. The LX3 had no problem picking the lure out.

Hi Guys, I'm new to this hard water fun and wanted to buy a humminbird ff525 with 2000 watts peak to peak. A buddy of mine told me that most of the guys I'll be with use the LX-5 and with me be surrounded with them that it will really cause havick with any digital. So he told me to get a VX-1, I'd much rather have the 525 if possible. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanx, AL

Shane I got your email and have sent one back at you.

Chode we must live very close to each other. My house is on Princeton just off of Prior so I am in between St. thomas and St. Kates.

I am getting my 522c for Christmas so have to wait another day before I get to to start playing with it.