• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Master Chip

goingdeep

Question

11 answers to this question

As like most products, you need to buy a new one to upgrade. While it seems like a simple work of software magic. There is plenty of work that goes into mapping new lakes and adding new contours etc. LakeMaster can hardly do that for free.

While it might not be cost effective for someone to upgrade for a lake or two, there are always lakes being added to the software and somewhere down the road it will be worth it (or maybe not) to upgrade.

If you need a lake or two that has recently be added, you could always sell your chip and buy a new one to offset the cost.

Check with LM, I was able to upgrade my LOW chip last year to include the Canadian side of the lake. It cost me $50.00 and they sent me the packaging to send the chip back to them.

LM offers that on the LOW/Rainy chip but not the MN chip.

If you think you may want to upgrade from time to time it might be a good reason to go with Navionics.

That is sad!!!! They should come up with a way that a guy can update jis stuff rather than having to buy a new one every time they update there chips!!!!!!!

Its called marketing. These companies expend a lot of capital to bring just one GPS'd lake with depth contours to the market and some want it for basically free. I don't get it...