• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How often do you upgrade?

Rippinlip

I was just curious at how many of us upgrade equipment and how often.

I went to an archery shop the other day and shot a new bow for the heck of it and holy cow do I want a new bow, that thing was smooooooooth and spooky quiet. My bow I shot this year is only about 1.5 years old and it does the job. Do I spend the money or wait for another year or so for the next generation.

How about rests, sights, arrows, fletchings, broadheads and etc.? Man this archery thing has me bit big time.

Mark

i just realized that my bow is 7 or 8 years old now, i still like it still kills deer, do i want a new one if anyone says no they lie but the $1000 price tag for a new setup makes me think twice. Until it stops killing deer or i have plenty of money saved up if thats possible ill stick with my setup now

Until it stops killing deer or i have plenty of money saved up if thats possible ill stick with my setup now

This is what I keep going back to when I start thinking about a new bow. I sure would love to have the latest and greatest but the one I have now is working just fine. Mine is about 10 years old and never was the top of the line but it does what it is supposed to do so I plan on giving it a little more time.

I have about a 4yo liberty and love it to death but would love to make it a back up bow and or a future bow for my oldest boy. He's almost five now but I think it would still be a good option when he gets into his teens.

Sure love the newer BT's and would be interest in test shooting a Mathews some time this spring to see if I would be splitting hairs on these two bow companies with differences.

mr

Well I had planned on keeping my Hoyt bow that was 3or 4 years old for a while longer, but My brother was thinking about getting into archery and I got a great deal on a used Vectrix with everything ready to go so I decided to upgrade, and man what a big difference you feel! looking forward to shooting it more.

Well I was contemplateing for a while also and finally pulled the trigger. I have had my other bow for quite sometime and it has been good to me and served it's purpose, but I found a great deal on a new Hoyt Katera Xl the other day and grabbed it!

I have an 05 Allegiance and I love it, maybe in another 2-4 years I will upgrade. Every year it seems the bows get a little smoother and a little faster and its really hard to not want a new one.

I am on my third bow now...in about 25 years. Seriously. It still shoots good and I can still beat most of my buddys. smile

Do I want a new one? Yes, of coarse. But when a new one costs $1000 and in just a few years is virtually worthless, well I'm gonna have to have a pretty good reason. I'll probably get something this year or next that is a year or two old and shoot it forever, again.

Probably every 4 years or so, the technology improves so much every year, that I feel I'm doing myself a disservice by not getting one. I can shoot a tighter group at 40 yards with my bow than I can freehand with a scoped shotgun. There may be guys out there that can shoot great with a 15 year old bow, but I'm not one of them. I figure I get 1, maybe 2 chances a year at a great buck, I want to know that I can hit him when that chance comes.

Rippinlip,

Been using the same bow for over 10 years. Even thou I have not been on the stand with it much lately, I know what it does and how to use it. There has got to be something else you are itching to have, i.e. H2O.

If it aint broke don't fix it.

I went about 12 years shooting the same bow and then suddenly I found myself buying 2 new bows in 4 years. I went from shooting an old round wheel Bear Alaskan to a Reflex Grizzly and then I bought a Diamond Black Ice. I think I've got it out of my system now. whistle

I've been archery hunting for 25 years and I'm on my fourth bow. I've had my current bow for about 5 years and it still shoots good and does the trick, I probably won't upgrade for awhile. New technology would be nice, but I'm not a fan of being the first one to try that, only to find out its not what it cracked up to be. Another reason not to get a new bow is because I have other sporting toys/tools that I'd like to have - a new Browning shotgun, a new depthfinder for my boat, an underwater camera, a 4 wheeler, a big fishhouse on wheeels, - the list goes on and on.

My dad bought me a PSE when I was a sophomore in High School and still use it to this day. 15 years now. Like said before, it gets the job done. I shot the DXT last year and the Reezen a couple days ago and all I have to say is wow! If I do break down and get one it will probably be the last one I get. With everything I want on it it will be about $1,400. But with me going back to college and maybe a kid on the way soon we will see what happens. Cross your fingers! grin

I upgraded last year after about 8 years with my old PSE. I din't buy the latest and greatest, (to cheap for that) but I got a used 2005 Bowtech Allegiance VFT that was a big step up from my PSE. If you look at bows that are a year or 2 old, you can get a much better deal than the newest of the best out there.No way would I spend $1000 on a freakin bow! I wouldn't pay that for any gun out there either. It's the man behind the bow that make the shot, not the bow!

My Alpine is about 11 years old and still keeps up just fine with the newer bows. I shot some 3D with a couple of guys this summer, one had a newer Mathews and the other had a new Bowtech. Although my relic is a little big and heavy by todays standards, they both commented how quiet and fast it shot. I have not done anything to it in 11 years and it's still does the trick for me.

I shot in a league, at King Archery years ago. Bought a new bow, after shooting for 6 weeks, then changed to over draw, 6 weeks after that. I haven't changed a thing in 12yrs. I bring it in have a bow tech check to ensure things are in good working order. Always think about a new bow put still need to justify it.