• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 Lake Bomoseen, VT NAIFC Open Qualifier

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, trout river red had nothing to do with that one...thank god cuz i think the sled would have been totaled after that pre-fishing lunch break!!

10 trout rivers $50, tourneyment fee $200, Hotel $180......gettin buzzed and completely smashing and spreading peices of your buddies $10,000 snomobile across the lake at 115mph...priceless!

This thread is getting good...

I was doing hole-shots with AW's sled and never left a scratch. But that formula did not have 10 beverages in the equation confused

Lee - Were my jigs in that box? Cuz Im sure those are the half Frankie hoisted... whistle

Jay - Hole Shots.. Kyle was doing hole shots with Frankies sled and it was never the same again. If only Kyle took care of other peoples equipment like his LX-5 these trips wouldn't be so expensive. Kyle maybe you should pair up with Z next year laugh Sorry pal couldn't resist grin

A pattern??? it's not a pattern.... kyle touches anything... he breaks it!!! LMAO!!!

and you for got the Late night Taco bell Run..... priceless!!!!

Hot sauce in timmy's bed..... priceless.....

having a blast in VT. way priceless!!!!!!

Dark Cloud.... this sled we had was SCARY Fast.... it always had more to give.. it was sick........... and we ate lunch... putted around the lake for 20 minutes talking to bud and tyler... then decided to go back to the bar!!! OMG... long fishing day from the bar!!!

OH TIMMY... that is too funny there.... TO FUNNY!!!!!! i think i pee'd my pants!!

Lol dude i babied that sled....i had a palet fall over on to the gass tank and rubbed scratches cuz of that stupid goat path we had to take to the lake with 5000 pot holes on it!!!and frankies sled cant do hole shots its not studded...if his doesnt run right its because its not beat hard enough....machines like to get beat they need it!

I'm having nightmares about Sunday just thinking about how I made a bad decision about not going North and it cost us a top 5. I keep going over the numbers in my head and figured we had about 6.5 to 7.0lbs in perch and with an average 8 1/2 gill going .45 equals 3.6 lbs for a total of around 10.6 lbs.

We had it Frank but I made that stupid call not going North, I think if I didn't count the perch wrong and we actually had our 8 and not 7 I would have said lets do it but not actually catching a perch up there I decided to go the mixed pumpkin seed and perch spot. We did get our 8th perch there but we ran out of time, we should have just said screw it and go north and if any time we come back and try for our 8th perch.

Could have, should have and would have.... Those are the questions aren't they? Do you guys know how bad I wanted to be in the 5 and say "knock knock boys, team NY is at your front door". I thought going into it that we had a GREAT shot at making the top 5 and catching those 2 big perch 5 minutes into it I KNEW we had a great shot at it.

Just in case nobody has figured it out, I have a very competitive personality and it usually doesn't come out until game day. Otherwise I'm just quiet and do my thing until it's time to play. LOL

Ok I'm off of my soap box and putting the beast back until next time.

Oh yea Frank, just going 82 mph doesn't clean it out. You have to get on it hard right at the get go to get all the cylinders hot to burn off all the build up. When I was in the parking lot and moving it did you hear how I was goosing her hard with quick strokes on the throttle, that's how you keep the plugs clean. (Can't wait to hear the Kyle and Jim comments from that sentence LOL ). There's a few other tips I'll give you to help you save the belt on her also, 1 is don't use reverse unless you actually have to and 2 is try not to keep it at a steady throttle at low rpm's. The belt starts getting really hot then starts slipping and burning, you have to kind of goose it every so often at low rpm's, helps save the belt.

The way I see it I still think a beefy ATV like Tyler's is the way to go or Joe and Myron's set up with the matching King Quads all racked out. That was sweet. Ice gator is something that should be mandatory for the tour after watching quite a few guys using them, I am convinced they would have a permanent spot on the front of my machine.

Lee thats so funny man, we all kick the [PoorWordUsage] out of ourselves let it go...the first 1 is the worst, you will learn it doesnt matter what you do, you can ALWAYS say i should have done this...the big fish could have came from here i should have hit it, should have moved quicker....you will drive yourslef nuts. Once you do a few it goes away cuz you have 5 friggin hours to make a game plan and the plan changes based on many factors, sometimes as your leaving the starting gate it changes...you have to remain fluid and with your partner make the best guess you can at that time with the info you have...and at the wiegh in, its over, you executed your plan the best you could have during that 5 hours with the info you had....end of story.

You get another 10 hours in December to reformulate your plan once again...i truly believe that is why the NAIFC tourneys are so addicting cuz its really you Vs yourself and your game plan. By tourney time you know where the species you need are. Its how you and your partner communicate and manage your time that dictates how the day will unfold. Dont be second guessin or ill have to slap the [PoorWordUsage] out of you, you did better at your first torney than any of us have ever fihsinhed in the past 3 years. Time to Study the BOOM

Jay and I were talking and there just flat out sick. I saw Joe drill about 6 holes in 28" of ice in about 3 minutes and I think that was with a 7" lazer head. It didn't slow or stop it just kept on ripping of course mine would have been done in a bit less time but you don't have to worry about gas getting all over everything either..

Originally Posted By: Dark Cloud
Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
of course mine would have been done in a bit less time

My vote goes to - No way on gods green earth! whistle

Timmy...your augers a garden...dig it cry

According to Jay it's a boat anchor, LOL