Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Neiko

Need Helmet Suggestions

13 posts in this topic

I am thinking of upgrading to an actual Snowmobile helmet. I used my SHoei Motorcycle I had and it worked great when it was -25 out compared to the other guys that had snowmobile helmet. Just didn't feel the greatest with the Balaclava on. I would like to keep it under $150. Do I want a modular? I know Skidoo makes the Modular2 that is good but spendy. Are the other brand Modulars any good? I seen DK had a Z1R Phantom helemt with an electric shield for around $140. Are these any good? I haven't owned a sled since 95 and just picked one up mostly for ice fishing but want to do some riding also.

I'd definitely consider a modular. They're great for chatting on the trail and you don't feel so claustrophobic.

I am newbie, but used my HJC modular with the "fighter mask" and it worked GREAT! I think I saw the basic or at least similar same thing at the big online or MN bike/sled supplier, on clearance for about $100. I am going to get another. My wife didn't like the mask part, but it sure kept the fog/breathe from going up to the mask. It is not the best one out there, but comfy, easy to use, and not foggy.

Do you happen to have a model number for the HJC? I have heard others are happy with their HJC and am looking at them a little closer.

I bought a HJC AC-11 this year and have been really happy with it, i got it on e Bay new for less than 100 shipped, comes with the double shield and a breath box, i have had zero fogging issues. It is a carbon fiber one so it is a bit lighter. I also have a HJC hsolist-14 that I have used for a few years, that has been a real good helmet also, i had some fogging issues with this one when real cold out, even with the breath box and double shield, i am going to put a heated shield on it this year. I looked around forever for the best price on helmets, found a guy on e bay with good prices and service, if interested pm me and i will send you a link to his store.

Mine's an HJC hsolist-MAX. I got mine on clearance at Shade Tree in Big Lake.

I don't think we can PM unless we are staff. I think I want a Modular but if you can tell me his store name or something I would appreciate it. I would like to see if he has any of them.

I just assumed that all forums had pm, sorry. his store is powersports360 they seem to add new stuff alot, my helmet was here two days after i paid.

Thanks for the info. He has some nice prices on the Modular 2. I might have to rethink this now.

FYI, PMs are not enabled on the forums, regardless if you are staff or not.

I have a Fulmer Modus SNM1 modular helmet that I got from L&M Fleet a couple of years ago. It was on sale at the time for $130. Not even close to being top of the line, not even a "name brand" for snowmobile helmets, but it fits well and the price was right.

HJC is much better than paying for Name Brand helmets like Polaris or Kitty Kat.

I have an HJC hsolist-13 I think and I love it. My wife does too.

Great helmet at a cheaper price.

Heated shields are a must and are much cheaper than the name brand ones too.

I agree with Dahitman44 i have a HJC now but i will be buying at new FLY Helmet soon!!! Any open face paired with 509 goggles is the way to go!!!!

I picked up a nice Mossi modular helmet at Dennis Kirk last night. It was on clearance, almost have price. Right around $70-$80.

Fits nice! I like how the front flips all the way up. The little riding I did last night after getting home, it did not fog up at all. I figured for that price, I would give it a try.