Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deitz Dittrich

Anybody a part of the fun at Cabelas today (Sunday?)

11 posts in this topic

I was working an Ice Event at Cabelas today at the Rogers store. Around Noon, the fire alarm went off. It had happened before when I had worked there in the past and thought nothing of it. About 2 mins later one of the employees starts running though the store yelling for everyone to get out. Quite exciting to say the least with below zero windchills outside at the time.

Turns out they had a water main break, which zapped a bunch of computers, which went up in smoke, which also sent off a few sprinkers I do believe. The main store was un harmed and was back open within a half hour. But a lot of product in the back room was destroyed, and some major clean up will need to happen where the water main broke.

All in all I thought the employees handled a tough situation quite well. Its not a like a school where you practice these types of things.

Yup i was there...cant remember what time i got there but the employees were still pretty busy and the smell of electrical fire was still in the air...

but i still got what i went there for

Sound like a lot of fun kinda like a back words black friday with everyone running out instead of in. Good to hear all ppl are ok though

I was at a parts store a couple weeks ago when an unhappy customer came in and had no sense of humor about his problem. Dude wasn't interested in negotiating or listening to the counter guy. I kept sliding down the counter, looking for a tire iron or some such tool just in case I became collateral.

More amusing was that there was an Orange County bike for that shop on display. I double laffed thinking of how horsecrap OCC acts on TV and how bad some azzclown was fired up about some rotors and shoes.

Well now I am really glad I did not go grin

Had a couple returns and a couple purchases, but with the roads and that fact I will be right their during work on Monday kept me home.

That’s for the update Deitz.

Soooo..... when do the damaged products make it to the Bargain Cave? I have to ask. The bargain hunter in me is always lurking.

Cuple yrs ago on nasty cold day w had a fire at the factory. I and every other sane prson got our coat before we went outside. The plant manager was gonna have a coronary because we got our coats. He was such a psycho. Well, here comes the safety coordinator with his coat on. I laughed.

LOL@ Broman - I dont know, but a lot of the employees were thinking the same thing?.. and then do you call it a fire sale or a flood sale?

It was a somewhat tense situation, but as far as I know, not even one small injury. Which is a great thing, and says something for how they handled the situation.

We have been called out to the Cabelas a number of times in the past for fire alarms and a bunch of medicals. They have a fair number of calls each year. I think the most memorable one was when a dude sliced the top of his thumb off using a cross bow in the archery range.