Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mrfish1991

Slug Bugs

I just bought a pack of Northland Slug Bugs today and i was wondering if anyone out here had an opinion on them

hopefully i will be able to get out this week somtime and give them a try along with my new UL stick

I wasn't familiar with the Slug Bug, so I Googled it. Looks identical to a Ratso. Should work great. I've caught some nice crappies on black Ratso's at night.

there are several "bro" series jigs or plastics and they all look interesting and worth a shot. I'm planning to pick up a few and have a few hanging in my christmas stocking already! Can't wait to give them a try!

the slug bug,scud bug, and blood worm have all caught fish for me this year....good action in the plastic and according to Bro himself these are selling off the shelves all over

The bloodworm looks killer in the water. I've caught several fish on them, but nothing spectacular yet.

Bro told me you can't find them in wisconsin and they are having troubles keeping them stocked in the metro area....if you go north though they are easier to find as I have stopped in a few different bait shops north of the twin cities and they have all had them on their shelves....

well i will be sticking around the metro for a while now but i have some and im set and excited to use them

Great baits, like others have said they are similar to Ratsos. I haven't opened my Bro series baits yet but I'll give them a good work out after New Years at a NorthWoods hotspot if we don't have a forecast of nasty weather, knock on wood. I think the bloodworm and scud bug look fantastic. Just a great bait as far as shape and profile. I'll be interested to see the action. They're also a great way to try your hand with plastics. You are going to hear more and more about plastics under the ice in the next ten years...

believe me the bloodworm has alot of action in it....it skirts side to side quite a bit and the tail itself is really limp and has alot of wiggle to it

They have been triggering lots of bites for me lately, however because of the small hook I had to modify them for the big Lake of the Woods Slabbers. Those small hooks on them were not cutting it when fishing 12-15 inch crappies over 30 feet of water. But yeah, they work great!

I caught some nice crappies on the scud bug yesterday.

Its like they couldn't resist it. They didn't seem to like the Slug Bug for some reason. Neither crappies/sunnies.

Had a great morning bite today with some big 'Gills. Scud Bugs, Slug Bugs, and Bloodworms all produced fish this morning. Made me a believer that these lures work for 'Gills and Sunnies too.

I have the mud bug and I tip it with 3 euro's and have caught sunnies and crappies on it. I have also put a yellow plastic little tail on it and have also caught fish. I have a bloodworm but have not tried it yet.