Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrfish1991

Slug Bugs

16 posts in this topic

I just bought a pack of Northland Slug Bugs today and i was wondering if anyone out here had an opinion on them

hopefully i will be able to get out this week somtime and give them a try along with my new UL stick

I wasn't familiar with the Slug Bug, so I Googled it. Looks identical to a Ratso. Should work great. I've caught some nice crappies on black Ratso's at night.

thanks...i bought a brown color...the only color they had left

there are several "bro" series jigs or plastics and they all look interesting and worth a shot. I'm planning to pick up a few and have a few hanging in my christmas stocking already! Can't wait to give them a try!

the slug bug,scud bug, and blood worm have all caught fish for me this year....good action in the plastic and according to Bro himself these are selling off the shelves all over

The bloodworm looks killer in the water. I've caught several fish on them, but nothing spectacular yet.

I can vouch for the bloodworm I have been tearing them up on it lately.

Bro told me you can't find them in wisconsin and they are having troubles keeping them stocked in the metro area....if you go north though they are easier to find as I have stopped in a few different bait shops north of the twin cities and they have all had them on their shelves....

well i will be sticking around the metro for a while now but i have some and im set and excited to use them

Great baits, like others have said they are similar to Ratsos. I haven't opened my Bro series baits yet but I'll give them a good work out after New Years at a NorthWoods hotspot if we don't have a forecast of nasty weather, knock on wood. I think the bloodworm and scud bug look fantastic. Just a great bait as far as shape and profile. I'll be interested to see the action. They're also a great way to try your hand with plastics. You are going to hear more and more about plastics under the ice in the next ten years...

believe me the bloodworm has alot of action in it....it skirts side to side quite a bit and the tail itself is really limp and has alot of wiggle to it

They have been triggering lots of bites for me lately, however because of the small hook I had to modify them for the big Lake of the Woods Slabbers. Those small hooks on them were not cutting it when fishing 12-15 inch crappies over 30 feet of water. But yeah, they work great!

I caught some nice crappies on the scud bug yesterday.

Its like they couldn't resist it. They didn't seem to like the Slug Bug for some reason. Neither crappies/sunnies.

Had a great morning bite today with some big 'Gills. Scud Bugs, Slug Bugs, and Bloodworms all produced fish this morning. Made me a believer that these lures work for 'Gills and Sunnies too.

I have the mud bug and I tip it with 3 euro's and have caught sunnies and crappies on it. I have also put a yellow plastic little tail on it and have also caught fish. I have a bloodworm but have not tried it yet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I wouldn't be surprised to see Fletch pull something during the "break". That would give that person time to come in and get acclimated to the surroundings. I am sure the players will be having some "skates" along the way, but no organized team activities. They cannot even practice until after 5:00 the day before their first game back! That is why the results are so poor coming out. Its one thing to skate, scrimmage-like, but practice is a completely different animal and I am pretty sure the players are not going to voluntarily "bag skate". I think this is a big night tonight. Go into the break on a high note. Wouldn't be shocked if Kuemper started, but I would expect Dubnyk.  
    •   You've heard of the Whiskey Rebellion, I assume.   One of the first examples of federalism.   The Washington administration's suppression of the Whiskey Rebellion met with widespread popular approval.[112] The episode demonstrated that the new national government had the willingness and ability to suppress violent resistance to its laws. It was, therefore, viewed by the Washington administration as a success, a view that has generally been endorsed by historians.[113] The Washington administration and its supporters usually did not mention, however, that the whiskey excise remained difficult to collect, and that many westerners continued to refuse to pay the tax.[33] The events contributed to the formation of political parties in the United States, a process already underway.[114] The whiskey tax was repealed after Thomas Jefferson's Republican Party came to power in 1801, which opposed the Federalist Party of Hamilton and Washington.[115]
    •   Danged tootin' it was, Del-o-rama!    Sure, I no longer drink, and they finally change the law....thought it woulda been 20 years ago. That was one of the most asinine ones we've had yet. 
    •   I am concerned about the $$$. Near $20 trillion in debt and rising along with deficits predicted to rise and more and more people becoming dependent on some kind of government assistance makes me so. I'm as fiscal hawkish as you can get because math always wins,eventually, over good intentions, religious beliefs, and emotionalism. It's one of the main reasons I didn't vote for Trump. I am waiting to see his first budget proposal if he can eventually get around to it between his Tweeting and whining. If he eventually does make real budget cuts and proves me wrong, he'll get my vote in 2020 but time will tell. Both the welfare and warfare state will need slashing   Someone mention further increase in automation. It will be interesting to see how that effects these programs and government spending over time. Taxing robots probably won't work but they will mean fewer workers will be needed, especially low and mid skilled workers, to do the same job.
    • Sweet!  Ill be posting a report from our 3.5 day trip over the weekend.  In the Canada section.    Question for you.....we saw a Cadillac Escalade with tracks and a big walleye decal on it.....was that the Blackwater Cats guys?
    •   So the pee pee video stuff will or won't come out...?
    • Just blows my mind to be honest why we allow such a good state to be so far behind in regards to laws. Why we can't use more than one rod in summer is crazy..
    • Jim, I have an Ion and love it but given the choice today I can understand your hesitation in the decision. I'm not sure I wouldn't lean toward the Fuel and KDrill. Reverse is a must so Strikemaster would be out for sure. Reverse isn't the end all for cleaning slush, I still use a slush copter, but it does allow you to clear the slush on the drill and not have to bring it all up into the house. Either way you'll have a great combination. The Fuel drill is a nice thing to have around, it's a drop dead brute, unlike anything else out there!
    • Shrimpo's and ratfinkee's, mostly in bright color arrangements with fairly aggressive jigging.  It was a blast!            
  • Our Sponsors