Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishOn!

Marcum LX-i anyone use one?

4 posts in this topic

just looking for a little info from someone who has used it. how accurate is it through ice? it says fish alarm...does it just beep? or will it show fish depth? any info is greatly appreciated!

just looking for a little info from someone who has used it. how accurate is it through ice? Within a 1/10th of a foot it says fish alarm...does it just beep? yesor will it show fish depth? yesany info is greatly appreciated!

Great little unit extremely portable and big LCD's so you don't have to squat to read it. I like mine..

hey thanks! i love hearing from people who have used stuff rather than just the person selling! i will be fishing this weekend with a friend who just bought one. is it like the vexilar or (polar?) model that you carry a bottle of water with you and splash it on the ice? will it work through a foot or more ice? also, do you just use it to find where you want to drill holes? or do you keep using it while you fish? sorry for all the q's! thanks again!

I use it only to read depths thru the ice (saves me time drilling), carry a bottle of water to get good contact. I use to do this with my flasher, but didn't want to put extra wear/tear on my transducer or risk damage. If you have decent ice it well read with no problem as long as you clear snow down to ice. If the ice it bad, I will bring it with my as I punch holes with the auger as I try to find the break lines.

I don't use it for fishing, not very practical - save this for the flasher.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• no pictures??????? its all the tweety birds in your noggin!!!!!!!!!!
    • Our Annual Spring Sale is right around the corner! Only a month away!  April 21-23 at our store location in Blaine, MN!  EVERYTHING will be on sale and you can talk with industry reps and Pros, not to mention food, prizes, and fun for the whole family!  Seminars from some of the best fishing minds too!! So make sure to mark your calendars for April 21-23 and swing out to our store for our Annual Spring Sale and get ready for the open water season!!  For more info please visit us our event page on Facebook... Thorne Bros Spring Sale - CLICK HERE   Thanks and see everyone there!! 
    •   Well, it's not like he has an overwhelming desire to wake up one morning with a .45 hole in his skull.
    • Our Annual Spring Sale is right around the corner! Only a month away!  April 21-23 at our store location in Blaine, MN!  EVERYTHING will be on sale and you can talk with industry reps and Pros, not to mention food, prizes, and fun for the whole family!  Seminars from some of the best fishing minds too!! So make sure to mark your calendars for April 21-23 and swing out to our store for our Annual Spring Sale and get ready for the open water season!!  For more info please visit us our event page on Facebook... Thorne Bros Spring Sale - CLICK HERE   Thanks and see everyone there!! 
    •   Not only that, but the boy they're hitching their wagon to ( Nunes ) said this;   Snip. "But he also re-stated his belief that Obama did not order the wiretapping of Trump Tower"  
    •   Those are great names from the kids. They seem to know where they will end up in the end! Instead of sweety, cuddles, lovey........  Lol
    • For something different and a little less expensive you could consider a Texas hog hunt.
    • red wings are back, sand hill cranes calling  all kinds of Robins nice
    • Not nails but worse, they are self tappers from the metal roofing:)  Sorry, I need to take the angle grinder out there and zip those off this weekend.  Funny you bring up the name kabob, that is actually the name of one of them if they don't produce:)   Here is a short list of the names my kids came up with:   - Kabob - Soup - Nugget - Fried - Drummie - Pot Pie   I cant remember the others but you get the point...    
    •   I agree that in the long run, the very best thing that could be done is to completely repeal the ACA and then continue to reduce government involvement. The problem with that is this is a messed caused by government that would become a disaster at least short term for some folks if it were immediately repealed. At this point, government created the mess so it has an obligation to fix it with as little damage as possible to the people.
  • Our Sponsors