• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum LX-i anyone use one?

FishOn!

just looking for a little info from someone who has used it. how accurate is it through ice? Within a 1/10th of a foot it says fish alarm...does it just beep? yesor will it show fish depth? yesany info is greatly appreciated!

Great little unit extremely portable and big LCD's so you don't have to squat to read it. I like mine..

hey thanks! i love hearing from people who have used stuff rather than just the person selling! i will be fishing this weekend with a friend who just bought one. is it like the vexilar or (polar?) model that you carry a bottle of water with you and splash it on the ice? will it work through a foot or more ice? also, do you just use it to find where you want to drill holes? or do you keep using it while you fish? sorry for all the q's! thanks again!

I use it only to read depths thru the ice (saves me time drilling), carry a bottle of water to get good contact. I use to do this with my flasher, but didn't want to put extra wear/tear on my transducer or risk damage. If you have decent ice it well read with no problem as long as you clear snow down to ice. If the ice it bad, I will bring it with my as I punch holes with the auger as I try to find the break lines.

I don't use it for fishing, not very practical - save this for the flasher.