Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herm0026

Hummingbird Interference ?

6 posts in this topic

I just got a bird ice 45 and i love it! I went out with my buddy who has a ice 35 a few nights ago. I was having issues with interference. It seemed like my bird was going crazy, it was really weird. I had my buddy shut his down and the problem went away. I thought that the Birds were supposes to have less inference issues. Anyone know if there is a setting to fix these issues?

we also had a guy in our house with a Marcum

Yeah I did try playing with the settings it seemed to help a bit… I really don’t understand the interference settings though

The HBs will interfer with each other because they're on the same frequency. Marcum and Vex are on a different frequency than HB so there should be no interference in that regard.

To tune out the interference between your HB units, you need to cycle through all 10 steps of interference rejection until you find the one that cleans it up the most. Try this to just one unit at a time until you get it as good as can be, then try the second unit, then go back to the first unit, etc. It's much easier to work on one unit at a time than to try to do them both at the same time.

If worst case and you can't clean it up, either move the units farther apart or switch one to the other beam (different frequency).

Thanks a ton Perch!!!! I think i have a better idea of how to work the interference rejection now..

If you use for example the narow cone and have your partner use the wide cone these two cones are at different fequencys and will not interfear with each other.