• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Icesaw Angling Hole

Fish Toys

Received this today. grin You should post the picture I've attached to this email. That hole was cut with my saw yesterday - that's as clean as an auger hole and I cut at least a half-dozen of them. That's 11 inches of ice. Didn't need an auger to cut the pilot hole either! smile I sure like these compliments.

RyanIceSawanglinghole.jpg

Fish’s Folding Ice Saw Directions

When you fold the saw in or out, make sure there is no pressure on the locking pin. To remove the pin, move the blade towards or away from the handle to take any pressure off and turn it left & right to pull it out. To start chipping, lock the saw in the open position, place about a 45 degree angle in front of you with the teeth facing you and start chipping lightly in the same hole. Once through the ice, cut straight up and down. When you decide what size and shape hole you want, turn the saw handle as you are cutting in the direction you wish to cut. Keep the bolts in the handle & the hinge rivet tight. Be careful this Icesaw is very sharp! The saw will last for years if used in a normal & safe way. Do not cut into any abrasive or foreign objects on or in the ice. When walking on thin or questionable ice, have the Icesaw at a 45 angle in front of you as you are walking, chipping as you go. If it goes through in 1 normal chip the ice is too thin! We also recommend putting a rust protector on the teeth for storage or long periods of non-use.

About 10 inches of ice is pretty easy to chip thru and after that the ice chips stay in the hole and have to be cleaned out to keep chipping or it keeps packing the chips in the hole. For the spearing holes in thicker ice most people auger a pilot hole or the four corners and cut in-between them with the Icesaw.

If possible go to one of the spearing get together and see one in action or try it yourself. There are thousands of the blue blade Icesaws out there!

My nephew made a video of himself cutting with the Icesaw. He started to chip with the Icesaw to straight so it didn’t chip like it should but it gets the point across of how to chip and cut. Next should be a spearing hole.