• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How many give personalized lures as gifts?

nater

I had been thinking of another gift and something more meaningful for my father and father-in-law for Christmas. They both enjoy muskie fishing on occasion and since I have been building my own bucktails, I decided a personalized bucktail with something on the back of the blade would be great.

How many of you have done something similar? Great way to share the sport. Now I just hope they catch fish on them! That is if they don't put them on the wall smile

Merry Christmas

Nate

Ive given as many as I can to friends and family over the last few years, this year Ive done a wall hanger for my step sister and brother in memory of her Father, one of the greatest men I ever knew.

Then I have a White Elephant my Bro-in law and I have passed back and forth for a few years ,,, you know its funny for awhile, then its not, then its funny again LOL well we've been around that horn 5 times with this one HAHA

Cool to see someone still hand makes something for others in yer life.

Enjoys giving them as gifts.

Nothing like a handmade anything, be it a lure a card a wreath or just something you know they would enjoy.

Means more an lasts longer, in memory an cosmic being.

smile

Been making things for people in my life some 40 years or so...way more fun an meaningful than just ordering something on an over priced web site online or shooping at a mall.

Great to see.

T.

So that leads me to this question. I am going to build some bucktails this winter and want to "personalize" them for the guys that I will give them to. Does anyone know where you can have the stickers made up for the blades?

you'll be spending big bucks for stickers. theres a minimum for each style and color on stickers. checked that for ''Heckler'' on it, but went another route. Worth or Lakeland if your sporting a heavy wallet. but for just a few you could just have the blades engraved at a jewelry or watch shop. you know... ''Fish hard fish long'' ... ''Live it breath it''. From Bret or in memmory of John, the greatest... just a thought.

I considered engraving but time is short with Christmas right around the corner. I'm going to take a paint marker and put a clear coat over the top to hopefully preserve the paint better.

careful your clear coat doesn't mess up the blades, different thickness, weight, etc could screw it up

couple of the homeades i did for a buddy still have the paint on the back of the blades, even after all that tonka burning

Quote:
a little message and date on the back of the blade with a paint marker works for me.

cool. never work for me i can't write nice, lol. i'd write to ''Stephanie'' and it would look like ''stupid''. dog house for sure. laugh

blush

glad they liked them. smile

just so you know Chris. that neck on that spinner was tied huge on purpose and with thought and experience behind it. you'll need to see it in the water to know why. wink remember, it's a Heckler ''slow rolling special''.... o.k. ... end hijack whistle