Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan_V

oven won't light

I have an lp range/oven. all of a sudden today, the oven won't light. the burners on top ignite, but no oven. Any ideas on how I can trouble shoot this myself?

no, it's in my home. It doesn't have a pilot. I lit the broiler, and that lit right up. so I'm thinking igniter?? but how do I get to it and are replacement parts available?

Yes, your ignitor is bad. Replacement parts are available. Universal igitor made by maytag will fit almost any stove, Part # 124000035 ( not sure on # of 0's) if a flat ignitor. Round one by whirlpool will fit rest. Ignitor is under oven floor when you remove it. Usually 2 screws in back and then bottom comes out.

i removed that floor yesterday, but didn't see the ignitor.....it looks like i'd have to take off a few more screws to get down to the burner.

I just replaced my unit its easy instructions came with the new unit also i found the informaation on trouble shooting and replacement by asking on the internet just typed in problem and type of oven saved my about 100.00 on sevice call. Only took about a hour to remove and replace.

there are 2 types of ignitors, if you look at the broil burner when it ignites it should glow.the bake burner has the same glow coil as the broil so you should see the same coil and its located right where the bake burner turns toward the front of the stove. you need to remove the bake burner by pulling out the bottem drawer and there should be 2 screws at the very back of the stove and there will be 1 screw in the very front of the stove. those 3 screws hold the burner in place. there will be 2 wires coming from the ignitor, take those off. they will be back under where you removed the bottem drawer. there are 2 types of ignitors, a round one and a flat one. if you can get me the model no. i can look it up for you, i am a tech for g.e., if you cant do it yourself you are looking at about 240.00. if you want to put your e-mail address on here i can help you out.jeff

Hey, thanks for the help Jeff... I actually got the old one out, but couldn't find a replacement. would a plumber have one, or do I have to order one. My burner didn't come out that easily, but I got it!! now I just need to know where to get a new ignitor. thanks again. rverdeck@earthlink.net

Hey, thanks for the help Jeff... I actually got the old one out, but couldn't find a replacement. would a plumber have one, or do I have to order one. My burner didn't come out that easily, but I got it!! now I just need to know where to get a new ignitor. thanks again. rverdeck@earthlink.net

if the ignitor is round, pt no. is wb2x9154, i know dey appliance carries them. i dont know whats out in hutch. also dont throw the old one away, you will need the connections off the old one. just cut them off and wire nut them to the new one. the new one will come with 2 ceramic wire nuts. if your ignitor is square i will need your model number. price will vary btwn 50.00- 80.00. good luck

thanks for the info Jeff, I think i found one in hutch. it is the round one. I'm getting better at all this do-it-yourself stuff, usually with the help of fellow FMers like you! thanks again