• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

oven won't light

Ryan_V

Question

12 answers to this question

Yes, your ignitor is bad. Replacement parts are available. Universal igitor made by maytag will fit almost any stove, Part # 124000035 ( not sure on # of 0's) if a flat ignitor. Round one by whirlpool will fit rest. Ignitor is under oven floor when you remove it. Usually 2 screws in back and then bottom comes out.

I just replaced my unit its easy instructions came with the new unit also i found the informaation on trouble shooting and replacement by asking on the internet just typed in problem and type of oven saved my about 100.00 on sevice call. Only took about a hour to remove and replace.

there are 2 types of ignitors, if you look at the broil burner when it ignites it should glow.the bake burner has the same glow coil as the broil so you should see the same coil and its located right where the bake burner turns toward the front of the stove. you need to remove the bake burner by pulling out the bottem drawer and there should be 2 screws at the very back of the stove and there will be 1 screw in the very front of the stove. those 3 screws hold the burner in place. there will be 2 wires coming from the ignitor, take those off. they will be back under where you removed the bottem drawer. there are 2 types of ignitors, a round one and a flat one. if you can get me the model no. i can look it up for you, i am a tech for g.e., if you cant do it yourself you are looking at about 240.00. if you want to put your e-mail address on here i can help you out.jeff

Hey, thanks for the help Jeff... I actually got the old one out, but couldn't find a replacement. would a plumber have one, or do I have to order one. My burner didn't come out that easily, but I got it!! now I just need to know where to get a new ignitor. thanks again. [email protected]

Hey, thanks for the help Jeff... I actually got the old one out, but couldn't find a replacement. would a plumber have one, or do I have to order one. My burner didn't come out that easily, but I got it!! now I just need to know where to get a new ignitor. thanks again. [email protected]

if the ignitor is round, pt no. is wb2x9154, i know dey appliance carries them. i dont know whats out in hutch. also dont throw the old one away, you will need the connections off the old one. just cut them off and wire nut them to the new one. the new one will come with 2 ceramic wire nuts. if your ignitor is square i will need your model number. price will vary btwn 50.00- 80.00. good luck