• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does this smell Fishy

FrontenacPike

Ok, I just was surfing around on [YouNeedAuthorization] classifieds and stumbled across two post for people wanting to downgrade from their LX-5's to LX-3's. Here are the 2 adds, might be the same guy???

"Hello i am looking to trade my marcum lx5 in mint condition for a marcum lx3 or vexilar in mint condition and cash for my marcum lx5, reason for trade is we need cash and the marcum is a bit to much for me all i need is a lx3 or vex Need to trade asap Would like to trade today or as soon as possible"

"Hello i would like to trade one of our marcum lx5.s for a marcum lx3 or a vexilar and some cash, this was my wifes unit and she just doenst like it so we would like to downgrade a bit and get some cash , this thing needs to go"

The delema: I own a perfectly functioning LX3TC and it is in mint condition. Yeah I'd like to upgrade, but does this sound legit. How would you go about this to know you aren't taking someone's lemon. Would you guys believe someone who would want to downgrade once something is already paid for. Yeah he might want a couple bucks but is it really worth it to him for less than -$100

It's possible that he might be strapped for cash during the holidays.

Meet with the guy at a lake and try it out before you do it. You just need to ask yourself how much you would save by doing this rather than selling yours outright and buying a new LX5

To be honest, it doesn't sound like a knockout deal to me (yet):

"marcum lx5 in mint condition for a marcum lx3 or vexilar in mint condition and cash"

the key words are and cash

like I said, what you might find is that he wants quite a bit of cash for the trade.

It all depends what he's willing to do

I emailed the second ad about a month ago and he replied back asking how much I wanted to offer along with my LX-3. Since he wasn't willing to give me a price (I hate that) I offered $80. Haven't heard back from him. Since I actually got a reply I don't think it's someone collecting email addresses or trying to scam anyone. But he could of at least put a real dollar amount.

I felt I was on the low side. But since he didn't want to give me a number I gave him a low one. Used LX-3's are worth about $250 - $300 and used LX-5s go for over $400. So you'd need at least $100. Really, he should just sell it outright and then buy a used one. I'm not sure why he is even bothering with trying to trade someone. He's limiting himself in how much you can get for the unit by turning away potential buyers who want to "just buy the thing".

I e-mailed this guy also and was thinking of trading my fl-18 genz and he wanted to trade retail for retail and me to give him the diff in cash, he was willing to meet me half way though as he was a little distance away, but changed me mind, i think he just needed some cash.

So he wanted retail for retail...ahh no that is not a good deal. I'm willing to bet he still has it if he is waiting for that. I just had an idea, him and I are going to set up a day to fish together. I'll use his LX-5 and he can try out my LX-3. I would like to upgrade but mine works so well I just don't want to get hosed on someone's lemon.