• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Credit card receipt

reddog

Question

10 answers to this question

Assuming the receipt is for a purchase at a retail store; most stores have the ability to recover a receipt for you....now whether or not they will do this for you may be another thing.

Is this for a return, or were you charged an incorrect amount or something?

Its part of the proof of purchase for a rebate program. Beretta Bucks.

It seems that when I put the new shotgun together in SD last weekend in the storm, I either lost it, or the wind blew it out of the truck, anyway, its missing, and its the last item I need.

Yes, if you signed it. We recently disputed a charge and received a copy of the signed statement. Call your card company.

This is a good option as well. I would still contact the store first to see if they will recover it for you, because they won't charge you for it. The credit card issuers do not have the reciepts, nor does Visa/Mastercard. The stores are required to retain these records for a certain time frame.

Most banks will charge you a fee to request the copy from the store, usually around $15. Unless, of course, you are disputing the charge...then they will not charge you to get it....so you could always say you just don't recognize the charge and they will send you a copy to look over.

Thanks for the info guys. I called the cc company, and got the transaction #, date and amount. Was just looking up the vendors number to see what they could do for me, when it hit me what I had done with it. I had turned it in with my other expenses at my business. I went thru the receipts and found it. Its in the mail now.

Maybe this info will help others who need the same info.

Thanks.

R