Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bucketmouth64

hdmi cable

19 posts in this topic

Wondering what cable you use...monster, sony, belkin for your lcd tv. Just purchased a 46" sony. Those top of the line monsters are spendy. I need 3, but can't buy them all at once. I started with one. Saw at target they carry sony cables less spendy, but wondering if they are of the same quality?

send me a pm for info, i have a HSOforum that I buy from and they are very good quality and great prices.

I would buy the cheapest I could find wink

send me a pm for info, i have a HSOforum that I buy from and they are very good quality and great prices.

bassinguy64@yahoo.com

fishing,

could I get that info also.

krkw@charter.net

thanks....

ditto on the cheapest. The reason being is that HDMI is a digital signal so it either works great or it doesn't at all.

Yep, their all digital cables, don't need to spend a ton on them.

Don't waste your money on the Monster brand. Do some searching around on the internet and you'd be amazed at the deals you can get on HDMI cables and they are no less of a product.

The one that came with my DirectTV receiver is cheap and works perfect.

Look on HSOList. I picked mine up for something like $3 apiece. I can't complain one bit.

ditto on the monoprice recommendation. well worth a visit. if you are spending more than $30 for any cable, you're getting ripped (monster and belkin are a notorious outfits, supported by BBuy and others. Like McDonalds and soda, they make their profits on the back-end via cables, mounts, ink, memory, etc...)

I'd also like to take a look at that site.

hoggs22 at yahoo dot com

monoprice dot com is the site i was talking about, I just wasnt sure if i could post the site name. They have some great stuff, and you can not beat their prices.

Wondering what cable you use...monster, sony, belkin for your lcd tv. Just purchased a 46" sony. Those top of the line monsters are spendy. I need 3, but can't buy them all at once. I started with one. Saw at target they carry sony cables less spendy, but wondering if they are of the same quality?

partsexpress

you don't need to speed $100 on a cable.

Yep....monoprice is the place to go for any and all cables. Great quality cables for MUCH less money. Do not waste your money on the over priced monster cables. You should see what the mark up is on those! shocked

Thanks for the info. Great prices on cables. So these other cables will transfer the information and color just as good as higher priced cables? I have a 120 hz tv and I want to be sure that I won't have blurring, loss of color, or sharpness because the cables can't transfer all the information.

So these other cables will transfer the information and color just as good as higher priced cables?

Yes. An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. It is sending a digital signal and a $200 Monster Cable is not going to transfer a digital signal any better than the $15 Monoprice cable.

The 120hz does not have to do with the signal coming through the cable, that's all in the electronics of your TV.