• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hdmi cable

bucketmouth64

Question

Wondering what cable you use...monster, sony, belkin for your lcd tv. Just purchased a 46" sony. Those top of the line monsters are spendy. I need 3, but can't buy them all at once. I started with one. Saw at target they carry sony cables less spendy, but wondering if they are of the same quality?

18 answers to this question

ditto on the monoprice recommendation. well worth a visit. if you are spending more than $30 for any cable, you're getting ripped (monster and belkin are a notorious outfits, supported by BBuy and others. Like McDonalds and soda, they make their profits on the back-end via cables, mounts, ink, memory, etc...)

Wondering what cable you use...monster, sony, belkin for your lcd tv. Just purchased a 46" sony. Those top of the line monsters are spendy. I need 3, but can't buy them all at once. I started with one. Saw at target they carry sony cables less spendy, but wondering if they are of the same quality?

partsexpress

you don't need to speed $100 on a cable.

Yep....monoprice is the place to go for any and all cables. Great quality cables for MUCH less money. Do not waste your money on the over priced monster cables. You should see what the mark up is on those! shocked

Thanks for the info. Great prices on cables. So these other cables will transfer the information and color just as good as higher priced cables? I have a 120 hz tv and I want to be sure that I won't have blurring, loss of color, or sharpness because the cables can't transfer all the information.

So these other cables will transfer the information and color just as good as higher priced cables?

Yes. An HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. It is sending a digital signal and a $200 Monster Cable is not going to transfer a digital signal any better than the $15 Monoprice cable.

The 120hz does not have to do with the signal coming through the cable, that's all in the electronics of your TV.