• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need new dog!

fishin4fun85

Hey all....my fiance's dads dog died about a month ago in his sleep. She was only 4 years old and a great companion and hunting dog. He's in the market now for a new one so we can have her/him ready for next fall's pheasant hunting season...he wants a high quality dog so I'm making a post on here to get some advice from all you FMers about the best places to buy and train a quality dog. THANKS ALL!!

Some of the best dogs in the state of Minnesota come out of Round Lake Kennels. When the Bush and Cheny go to SD to hunt thats whos dogs they bring. I bought a puppy out of that kennel this summer and had him hunting at 6 months and he did fantastic. I've never owned a dog that is so easily trained. The genetics that come out of their are just crazy. I would highly recomend them.

If interested, we are looking for a new home for our 2 yr old female golden lab. She is a great dog. We curently live in the country and are moving into town soon and would like to find a home for her. I am not a hunter but a friend that knows our dog thinks she would be easy to train. She is 3/4 lab, 1/4 retriever. If interested I can send you a picture.

a lab for sure....and I'm actually from worthington...I know of the Round Lake Kennels and I don't think Thad is training dogs anymore...his last dog was trained there and he does a good job...but as far as I'm aware he doesn't train anymore...anyway....he would like to get a lab....

Check the Puppies/Dogs/Breeding Service For Sale - Hunting Dogs forum. wink

If they don't have what you are looking for there you may want to check out Smith Farms Labradors. They are in Grove City which is a little ways from Worthington but they are worth the drive.