• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Canadian Whitetails on a Budget?

Just wondering if any of you have any tips on setting up a canadian whitetail trip cheaper than $3000-4000. Guess Im thinking something along the lines of an unguided hunt and possibly just leasing some land for a week. Any suggestions?

BIGBEAR,

I'm am also trying to plan a trip next year, to Saskatchewan. Me and couple friends. We are going through something like a travel agent for hunting and fishing trips. My friends have used them before and have been very happy. The good thing is they have been to several spots and found the best one they believe. The bad thing is you pay more. Looking online, most trips I have found are in the $3500-5500 price range. This is probably a once a lifetime trip for us, so we want to put ourselves in the best possible position to take a trophy if we are going to pay that much money. If you want, I'll let you know more details as we get further along in planning. Right now, I don't even know the name of the place. Good luck!

I was finding the same price range as you with the outfitters I checked out. Think I might just have to start putting some money away here for the next couple years and do it right. Thanks for the info and good luck with your hunt!

I would think long and hard about this before booking to Sask. Ontario is up and coming therefor the rates have more value to them at this point. Ive hunted the same woods Outfitter is going into, some real monsters around that area. For the money you can do almost 2 of his hunts for 1 to Sask. Why make it hunt of a life time when you could go twice for approx. the same amount? I know where I would book if I had to choose.

Timberwolf Lodge on HWY 502 just north of Fort Francis has a new owner and is getting the camp renovated. I was up in late Sept. for some laker fishing and looked at his photo album. There were some real monsters in there. He has his hunts priced very reasonable. I've seen some photos of the deer that came out of Musky Bay in Nestor Falls and they have some big deer there as well. Outfitter17 has a great photo album on his HSOforum. Looking at all these quality deer coming out of the same area would lead me to believe that one need not go any further to hunt Canada if they lived in MN.