Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNBIGBEAR

Canadian Whitetails on a Budget?

10 posts in this topic

Just wondering if any of you have any tips on ways to set up a canadian whitetail trip without paying $3000-4000. I guess Im wondering if there are any ways to simply lease some land for a week and guide yourself or something like that.

I think that guides are required in a lot of areas although I am not 100% sure.

ahhh...guess that could be the reason why I wouldnt be able to find much information on unguided hunts. Guess I'll have to start putting a little more in the piggy bank.

Ya it's crazy what they charge now a days but i guess if you want those monsters up in saskatchawan you gotta fork over some cash

Hey Guys,

We are putting our fully guided 2009 whitetail hunt at $2495 for next year, but we are also putting together an unguided hunt that will run for about $1300 per man. If you want some details e-mail me at campmanitou@hotmail.com

What about Ontario? I live in Bemidji and have been looking into going out of state for whitetails. judging by some of the sheds we find up in Ontario it would be a shorter drive for the same quality bucks as Kansas or one of those states.

The hunts Outfitter is talking about are in NW Ontario and are in remote areas where hunter pressure is low due to NR guide requiremnet in the area hunted on the guided hunts. The unguided hunts are in close proximity to the guided hunts, but is in an unguided zone, NR hunting pressure is almost non existant as the area has no NR camping allowed and lack of accommodations. It is a great opportunity to hunt trophy Canadian bucks in a remote area without lots of other hunters. Any questions, ask myself or Outfitter and we can set you up.