Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeff S

Ice fishing Devils Lake ND?

10 posts in this topic

I am heading to Devils Lake ND sometime this winter. What is the best time of the winter to go?

There is some posts going on there but I was hoping someone would have more info here.

They are having an ice fishing tourney the last week of January. Seemed like a good time to go, so the wife and I are headed up then. We were gonna fish anyways so why not get a shot at a prize.

The local word is there aren't very many people out fishing, for whatever reason.

It is mostly weather related they should start popping up out there in the next week

Originally Posted By: looneyducer
The local word is there aren't very many people out fishing, for whatever reason.

It is mostly weather related they should start popping up out there in the next week

That's what it sounded like to me as well -- cold enough people are waiting to drive, plus access problems. Some people are saying those going out are doing well, but nobody I talked to knew anything specific.

What I do know for sure is there is no shortage of tight lips up there, if not with fish then with fishermen.

I'm pretty sure they are already sold out. We have 4 tickets and are looking for 4 more.

I got a 3 day guided ice fishing package for Christmas and am looking for the best time of the winter to go. I hear a lot of good things about Devils Lake. What can I expect?