• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

H2O where are the contour lines

muskielaw

Hi all, I am new to this site and have been lurking for a couple of weeks but now need some help. Girlfriend (the greatest) bought me an early x-mas present which happens to be a H2Oc. She bought it used with what I believe is a navionics 07 premium North chip. grin The previous owner couldn't figure it out so he got ride of it and I am hoping not to suffer the same fate. Any ways I have been playing around with it for the last couple of hours and getting frustrated. mad My question is do you have to actually be on the lake to get the contour lines? I will move the cursor onto Mille Lacs for example and zoom in but I do not get any contour lines. Do I not have the chip loaded right or the settings wrong. Any help figuring this thing out would be greatly appreciated. Don't have the directions if there was any for the navionics chip either.

Thanks,

Muskielaw

I don't have mine in front of me and I am sure someone can explain this a little better but there are different regions that you need to click on to get the contour lines for that specific map.

For example, if I have have my chip set on sw.ia I won't be able to see contour lines on northern Iowa lakes. Hope this helps. If I had mine sitting in front of me I would walk you through it.

Once you start using it and getting comfortable with it you will be happy with it. I couldn't figure out how to clear my trails last week and I just googled, "how do you clear trails". There is a lot of information on them out there.

Glad to help brother, I owned mine for over two years and I didn't realize you could hit the menu button twice to get your trails to come up to clear them.

Anyway, I have really enjoyed this unit, it has got me home many dark nights in the boat and I use it to mark my tip ups. I had some guy set his up all around me a few weeks ago and without this GPS, I would have had a problem telling which was which. Good luck with your new toy:)

The first thing I would do is go to the Lowrance HSOforum and download a manual if possible. Now getting to your contour lines, hit menu once,scroll down to map data, press enter. Scroll down to Navionics Map Choice,press enter. You will have choice of different areas to choose from. This is a trial any error area. I just lost my gps and nav chip with it or I would tell you which one to choose. If you don't see your lake contours go back into this area and choose another area. Need more help just ask.

Muskielaw,

I have had the H20C for 3 years now and it's an indispenable tool on the water and in the woods. if the current chip isn't working i would go with a lakemaster chip, the detail and quantity of lakes is fantastic. Also my h2oc really goes through the batteries, so i would spend the 20 bucks and get a set of rechargables, and get 4 so you can always have a fresh set available for the unit.

once you play around with it you will not be able to hunt/fish without it.

Bigminnow

i just got the H20C also....man i feel for ya if you don't have the manual and never used a handheld gps unit before...if you have then its probably easier.

about a week of messing around with mine now and i'm just starting to figure it out...i'm sure there's more i haven't learned yet though.

i marked one of my new hot spots on the ice a couple days ago and it took me back to within 2 ft of the hole i was fishing out of in my portable....thats killer lol

I think the color is worth the extra 100.00. Especially if you at it as an investment in your outdoor arsenal. State lands, crp's, ETC are colored in different colors. But it can be user preference too. But you will not regret going with the H2Oc over the H2O