Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
M1Tanker

My Reflectix Install Pics

12 posts in this topic

I bought some reflectix insulation the other day and installed it in my new Recon DLX tonight.

Folded up:

REFELCTIXINSTALL4.JPG

Side:

REFELCTIXINSTALL7.JPG

Back:

REFELCTIXINSTALL9.JPG

Side:

REFELCTIXINSTALL12.JPG

I basically zip tied it to the front and back poles while cutting openings for the velcro straps.

I'll let ya know whether it works or not.

looks like you will get alot of light refected back from that. should work great.

Is that to reflect light or heat .

Both. And it does it well.

M1 , thats a nice set up, How effective is the heat retention with the way it looks in the pictures, with the single strip of insulation?

i have the same shack, and was looking to add the same insulation this season, did you make seteprate pieces for the sides?

bigminnow

I went out today and the stuff worked great.

Better heat retention (you could feel it and it was warm) and no condensation after 4 hours on the ice.

I really like the shack also...warm, comfy, and easy to pull.

Now...if I could just get the auger to start like it should!

Thanks for sharing. I picked up some today and will be installing it ASAP. With this cold weather and my thin canvas anything will help.

Did you run it down to the sled in the back?

I ran it from the front pole that lays on the ice to the back pole. I couldn't run it to the sled because there was nothing to tie off on down there.

I paid $13.99 for a roll of 24" x 25' on sale at M**ards.

did you notice condensation on the roof that is exposed and not covered by relfectix? My otter den roof is 51" wide and the reflectix is 48" wide. I was wondering if that extra inch+ on each side is gonna give me fits......

No condensation anywhere on the exposed portions of the roof...I have about an inch or so on either side of the roof.

I don't think you will have a problem.

Anyone have some of the 48" stuff left from their install. I would buy it from you, but I dont want to buy a roll of the stuff considering how little I would need for my Otter Den.