• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

infant has issues

okay ladies, I have a concern with my son and I want some input. My son, now 13 months old, has problems when going #2. he tries to fight it and it's almost always hard. we give him plnety of fluids (i.e. water, milk, juice, etc.) and prunes once in a while, as well as other fruits that "start with p" as the doc says. But, the problem still exsists. any ideas on any other ideas on how to fix this?

my daughter had issues like that. one was the formula, there was to much iron in it for her. Is he nursing? If so how is mom's diet? I used the same remedies your already trying. Gave her everything that started with "p". Pear juice always worked well for all my kids.

have a daughter that just turned one yesterday. When she has problems going my old lady takes her diaper off and pushes her legs to her chest and back down untill she goes works everytime!!! Thats what the doc told us to just pump the legs. Oh yah dont take the diaper all the way off just un hook it.

Fortunately my daughters didn't start fighting it until potty training so the only thing there to use was suppositories.

She is obviously having some anxiety about it so try to make a big deal about it as if she is already potty training, maybe a small treat like a single M&M or fruit snack. Rewards go a long way and your baby needs to know that its normal and a good thing