• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Updated Fishing Report?

Lots of ice, thickness varies from lake to lake and even from bay to bay. Bite in general is hit and miss. Will be a tough weekend with over a foot of snow on the ground and 3" coming Saturday followed by 30-40 mph winds. Blizzars warning goes into effect Sat 3pm through late Sunday. No travel recomended cept for fishin.

I would go to SMith Bay to fish, not swim, thats usually a good place. Last week I was seeing some fish off the west docks on the north side of the lake. Drill enough holes to find some vertical weeds. The blguills there werent huge, 8-8 1/2", but good enough. Good Luck.

After waking up and seeing the new couple inches of snow and seeing the heaviest yet to reach us and the wind right behind it. I wussed out. Gonna stay home today and not get stuck down in Boji. Wife and kids will be much happier with me. Good luck guys.

I also have made a command decision to remain home. I`m 70 miles away and if I got stuck up there, it would not be good at home. I got some plans to fish a lot over Christmas so this is probably for the best. I wouldnt mind it myself, but the rest of the family would.

You caught 100% more fish than I did. But by staying home I only caught one fish fewer than you did. That line sounds like my wifes cousin. I took him bird hunting at Thanksgiving and he shot one bird while my dog caught one by himself. He said he`d rather get one and tie the dog than get nothing and lose to him.

I chose to stay home this weekend too. The threat of blizzard weather and the fact that I had a ton of work to do just won the decision of what to do this weekend... I have the next two weeks off so hopefully I will be able to spend this extra time either muzzleloader hunting deer in Iowa or trying some ice fishing. Looking forward the the FM fishing get togethers in the next couple weeks...

Im debating whether to head down in the morning or not. I might let to plows get out and make the trip shortly after. I did manage to get the dog kennel cleaned out and both puppies got baths and naps on the couch this afternoon so It wasn't a complete waste of a day.

I get off at noon X Mas eve and plan on fishing the afternoon/evening and all day X Mas. Smokings ok as I do to as long as its not lefties. Only downfall is my sleds a pain in this snow so bulk up LOL, e mail me at [email protected]

PP forcast for Sunday is not good, 25-30 mph winds with gusts to 40. Slight chance of snow with continued blowing snow. There was alot of drifting already on 86 at 3pm when I came home I'm sure its not any better yet. -8 right now headed down to teens below high Sunday of -5. Good luck if you come down, I'm staying home to watch the Vikes and catch up on the WII.

Esox,

Are you going to be fishing Okoboji on Xmas? I will be out xmas day for sure with my son but we will be on Spirit. We have a place there and I have a spot that has been pretty good for me.

I hope to get the perm set up on Spirit and then move to Hayward's when the ice is good enough. It would be nice to meet some of you guys.