Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrappieAttitude

Krazy Dust

10 posts in this topic

Quote:
Krazy Dust is a non-toxic powder that you can use to color your live bait with vibrant colors

what little bit i've monkeyed with it didn't really do much for me

Krazy dust is a product made by Little Atom, they're the people who make stealth jigs, optic jigs and tons of different kinds of ice flies and micro soft plastics. They are located in Wisconsin. I've tried the product, it's not bad.

It's basically a fine powder and it comes in 3 or 4 different neon colors. It kinda looks like Granite Dust or one of those powdered paints you can use to paint jig heads. Except it's not a paint, it's more like a dye. It also has an anise smell.

I forgot to mention,

The basic idea is that you sprinkle some in your waxie tin and they crawl around in it and eat it and take on the color of the dye So you end up with colored waxies.

The best way I've found to use it is when I'm crappie fishing. Use the red color then hook your minnow on then just dip the tip of tail in the dust. It sticks real well and stays on for while too. Then when you put the bait down it looks like it has a bloody tail and really stands out.