Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zamboni

Global Warming?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

125 posts in this topic

After just snowblowing through 10"s of snow outside, I just noticed online that Las Vegas just got 3.6" of snow, and was it a week or two ago that the Mississippi Gulf Coast got 7"?

Put that on Mythbusters

The name's been changed from global warming to global climate change. That way, regardless of what happens, they're right. laugh

The name's been changed from global warming to global climate change. That way, regardless of what happens, they're right. laugh

I like that!!

Good one Kidd cool

i wonder if we are entering a period of winters like we had in the 1970's. I remember the DNR closing the deer season in either 71 or 73 because the winter before and before that were so devastating

Let's draw conclusions about hundreds of years of weather because it snowed in Las Vegas.

I didn't catch a walleye in Lake Marion last week. That must mean they're extinct.

Are we so bored that we need to bring this one up and argue about it again?

Then again the same could be said about the last hundred years being too small a sample weigh against all time too.

Are we so bored that we need to bring this one up and argue about it again?

Then again the same could be said about the last hundred years being too small a sample weigh against all time too.

yep. the 999th thread on AGW laugh.

Let's draw conclusions about hundreds of years of weather because it snowed in Las Vegas.

.....worked for Algore....... LOL

I miss Global warming....

I didn't catch a walleye in Lake Marion last week. That must mean they're extinct.

Are you saying that glaciers JUST started melting??? Must have happened recently, my house WAS on top of one about 10 years ago, and now it isn't. Weird crazy

Don't many if not all who are involved in this hoax have a financial interest in everyone falling for it? Something that makes you go hmmmmmm.

Don't many if not all who are involved in this hoax have a financial interest in everyone falling for it? Something that makes you go hmmmmmm.

Hoax?... what Hoax?

it goes by average not one year. haven't you noticed that recently the ice on lakes has been forming later and later. used to be able to icefish by thanksgiving. winters are getting shorter and shorter.

I can't believe anybody still believes in "man induced global warming" It is a joke. There will always be periods of warming and cooling. Its called natural cycles.

What happened when the first ice age went away? WARMING

What happened to get the second ice age? COOLING

Now everybody gets upset because the temp has risen LESS THAN 2 DEGREES in the last 100 years?

Do I need to remind folks that there was pouring rain and thunderstorms in northern MN on New Years Eve two years ago? Let's not think that just because your dogs water bowl freezes over in Sept that the next ice age is on the way. I'm just happy that this winter is shaping up to be a good 'ol fashioned Minnesota winter. If this trend continues for let's say another 5 years to a decade, then you non-believers might have a leg to stand on.

Which would be fine by me, I would like the moose to still be around in this state by the time I take my dirt nap. Jackpine Rob gave me some good natured ribbin years ago about this when I said I didn't need anyone to tell me things were getting warmer, the animals were telling me. 'Possums expanding northward, my trout lakes dying off,and at the rate we're going, I wouldn't be suprised if armadillos cross the Iowa border into MN by the time I'm worm food.

Are we part of the problem?, of course we are, what natural processes on Earth have we not affected in some way?

And one more thing, the summer of 2008 was the warmest summer worldwide in recorded history.

I hope we can keep this thread from getting locked. I would like to hear peoples opinions.

"winters are getting shorter and shorter."

That's why we planted our crops later this year than we EVER have. I dont know what winter you went through last year! Our wheat is usually planted beginning of April. Last spring the snow wasn't gone until mid April.

Quote:
Are we part of the problem?, of course we are, what natural processes on Earth have we not affected in some way?

Let's not forget, we are one of the natural processes on Earth.

I hope we can keep this thread from getting locked. I would like to hear peoples opinions.

You want opinions? Do a search in this forum for "Global Warming" and or "Climate Change" and you will get enough opinions to make you want to puke. This is probably the third time this topic has started in the last year and we pretty much hear the same old lines each time smirk . I am sure we will not see anyone post anything earth shattering this time either grin

"winters are getting shorter and shorter."

That's why we planted our crops later this year than we EVER have. I dont know what winter you went through last year! Our wheat is usually planted beginning of April. Last spring the snow wasn't gone until mid April.

see your going by one year... whatever, im not getting involved in this stuff anymore. think what you want...

Yes we are upnorth, but then again some of our processes could be considered unnatural. wink

Quiz Time: What species besides man alters the natural environment the most?

Yes we are upnorth, but then again some of our processes could be considered unnatural. wink

Quiz Time: What species besides man alters the natural environment the most?

O maybe you should specify. lol