• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

quick release plow verses push tubes

pj4

anyone used the new quick release plow? wondering which is better, the moose quick release or there older style of push tubes? seams like the high mount of the quick release would apply more down force when moving forward.any thoughts?

I have the quick release and love it!!! Also I like the option to take on and off within seconds so if I just want to go ice fishing or pull the kids around the yard I'm not limited to a fixed plow.

Not familiar with the older style push tubes so I can't speak for it.

mr

I have the push tube tyle on mine only because the quick release style won't work with my setup. I don't find mine terribly difficult as there is 2 spring loaded latches and a winch cable to hook up.

I have only used the push tube style but it has done everything i need. With my setup I have no loss of ground clearance without the plow attached and only loes about 2"'s with the plow on the machine.

I just went through this pondering myself. After installing the Moose quick attach (which was a pain in the @$$). I brought the county style plow up all the way and had 20" of of clearance with the plow in a straight position. I then angled the blade and was surprised to see I had about 4-5" of clearance on one side and 24" on the other.Not acceptable. Also, when raising the plow or lowering the plow with a winch the winch has to pull almost straight back instead of up with the tube runner style system. When raising or lowering the plow with the quick attach system the plow either went up way fast or down way fast, which I did not like. I took it apart and returned it, and bought the older tube runnner style system.

I have an eagle plow. push tubes. I can have my plow on/off in less than 10 seconds. I guess I don't know what a "quick release" plow is, but i can't imagine it would get any quicker than I can do it. just roll over the push tubes, lift it up with my foot, roll the wheeler forward, lock it in. sounds like more, but is literally seconds and I'm plowing.