Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooter

They gonna bite tomorrow in the snow?

9 posts in this topic

I see there's a 90% chance of snow tomorrow, I'm planning on setting some tipups out. So in past experiences, what are the chances of a good pike bite tomorrow? I think I'll find out either way!

We had 12 tipups out from 12:30 til 5pm - one flag which I managed to miss. Very slow.

You going to be making any trips up to my neck of the woods this winter? If you are, give me a shout and maybe I can give you some help.

sfdked@centurytel.net

I am not planning anything up nort right now but if something comes up I'll give you a headsup for sure.

I'd like to do a spring trip up around clam lake and hopefully hear/see some rutting elk. Buddy had a bear bait off one of the 'alf' (sp?) lines and there was plenty of sign, never did see one though.

We caught a 36" last night after dark at 6:30pm and a 40" tonight at about the same time. We were fishing in a crappie hole. The one last night came on a small jigging spoon, fishing for crappies (knew by the mark it was a pike) but it got us thinking. So tonight we set a tip-up in the house with a decoy sucker on it. Our thought was that, us catching those crappies was attracting those big pike. We caught both of them about six feet under the ice. I think that those big ones will wait under or near the house just waiting for one of those crappies to swim back down. I think we might just be on to something? wink