• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hyfax

northernsportman

I will never own a house without hyfax. It will add many many years to the life of your tub and it will help to track better behind a sled/wheelers and even pulling by hand. It does help a tad pulling by hand but not too much. Biggest reason for hyfax is to save wear and tear on your sled.

Like said above. Worth every penny!

I've never heard of Hyfax. Can someone shed some light for me? Is there a link anywhere? How much do they cost? Anybody ever use the runner kit sold with the clams?

I can try, but I don't know if I'm 100% right. Hyfax is a white, waxey type strip. You put them on the bottom of sled your house is attached to. It saves the wear on your sled and is easier to pull on ice and pavement. It really saves on your sled when going across a parking lot.

Every one said everything that needs to be said, all good things.

Sandman is right on the money with the description.

I got mine at fl eet fa rm, but have seen them at ga nder, thorne bros ext. Everyone that sells shelters will either have the kits or the ability to order them. I can't remember exactly the kit for my otter sled was, maybe 50 bucks? I'm really not sure if they got one specifically for the clam, but if not it would be easy to make a kit for another brand work.

-side note- I have got a clam 5600 and I made some runners with old cross country skies I got at goodwill for 3$. It lifts the base up out of the snow and makes it very easy to pull. I got mine set up so it lifts the base up 8 inches. I just put them under the sled and use ratchet straps to hold it down. I have even used them with my otter sled when the snow was too deep, and I still had to walk out. Really saves on the back. If you look back a couple days there was a thread going about this.

Also, do a search for HyFax install tips from Shackbash. There are GREAT hints in the video and subsequent tips from others. I got mine done really fast and easy using many of the tips shared.

Basically, get HyFax, it is worth it for many reasons.