• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Blower motor problem?

KB

03 Buick LeSabre Limited: A couple of weeks ago, the blower motor wouldn't blow heat...the temp gage showed it was warmed up enough (this has the Automatic temp controls, but couldn't even get it to work when trying to do it manually). The next day it worked just fine up until yesterday when the same problem occured.

The fan speed indicator shows that it is trying to go to high speed, but the fan isn't starting. Would a blower motor going out be intermittent like this or should I be looking for something else? Thansk for any help!

Thanks for the help. Do you happen to remember/know where the blower is on this vehicle? How hard of a job is it to do? I'm know enough to be dangerous sometimes.

Should be under the passenger side of the dash. there is usually a plastic panel that needs to be removed on the underside of the dash. Once its out of the way you will see the blower motor. I wouldn't just jump in and replace it without finding out first if it has failed. There are many things that can cause this symptom and none of them are that difficult to figure out.

Just went out and tapped it and it took right off...looks like a trip to the parts store. I've been searching all over the internet at auto repair sites. Should have known to come here right away. Thanks guys.

I had that same prob. last wk in a 02 grand am. Only mine had the switch burnt out n the motor was shot(tried tappin )didn't work tho.had the switch n motor replaced...total $369.00! n that was out in Chan. oh n yeah most are behind the glove box or underneath as described in the aforementioned.