• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice Auger break in

Bruce D

Got a new Jiffy stx stealth and was wondering about engine break in. I did buy some synthetic oil for it but I've been told that synthetic is not a good break in oil because it lubes so well that the rings won't seat. Just wondering what others here have done for break in oil.

I am sure there are many different opinions on this, but I used the factory reccomended oil for my Strikemaster for the first winter. Then I switched to the synthetic and have been real happy with it.

Good Luck!

CJH

I have a LazerMag and I'm not sure if the same results should reflect with a Jiffy. But when I first purchased mine I read on here that most guys will run through a gallon of standard mix. Then switching to a synthetic of your choice.

cough...Amsoil Saber....cough.....

I broke my last 2 Nils in with a 75-1 mix of Amsoil Sabor and after the 1st gallon went to 100-1. My Nils runs way better at 100-1 than the 75-1 I started out with.

I highly recomend the Amsoil Sabor in the pillow pacs. Just toss 1 pac in a gallon of gas and you have the 100-1 ratio. Dumby proof enough for me to use it. grin