• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnesota Momentum

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Here is an e-mail I just received:

As the Vikings push toward an NFC North title and the NFL playoffs, we are asking you to re-join our team to help secure a new home for Vikings football.

While the State of Minnesota steps up to face current economic challenges, the Vikings stadium project will deliver thousands of jobs when an economic boost is desperately needed.

It is our expectation that the Vikings will move forward in 2009 with a discussion at the State Legislature about resolving the stadium issue. With only 30 home games left until the Metrodome lease expires in 2011, we need to rally Vikings fans and supporters to ensure that our voices are heard as state leaders tackle this important issue.

As a current member of Minnesota Momentum, you have been an integral part of the Vikings effort to secure a new stadium. Reconnecting with Minnesota Momentum will keep you updated on important stadium developments and let you know how you can help resolve this issue.

Please visit MinnesotaMomentum.com to see new and updated information regarding the Vikings stadium solution. Thank you for your time and consideration, and thank you for joining our team.

Sincerely,

Bud Grant

Vikings Hall of Fame Coach

Co-Chair, Minnesota Momentum

Larry Spooner

Vikings Fan

Co-Chair, Minnesota Momentum

I know this is the football forum, but where is the money going to come from to build the new stadium? If the team/owners fund it then great, but if someone expects the tax payers and the state to pay for it then why? I really don't think a new stadium is that high on the priority list for state spending. Also I would imagion that they will be able to renew the lease on the dome, either that or it sits empty/gets torn down.

Getting a stadium is tough in these economic times but the taxes lost when the team leaves is also bib time dollars that must be replaced or we find ourselves in a bigger hole. Having a team here is not just a expense. It is revenue also.

The reality of the situation is that taxpayers do pay for these stadiums. Thats how every other stadium in every other sport was built. If the vikings go, so does alot of revenue for the metro.

I can't argue with that. I also heard the players have to pay income tax in the state they played in that week. That has to bring some money in doesn't it? What about all the bars down there, the parking lots, the venders and tons of other jobs.

hey i'm a taxpayer and would be more then happy to pay a little tax for a new stadium...atleast its something i enjoy...can't say that for other things i pay taxes for.

i'll go even a little further and donate some money also...i'm sure we could make alot of money if everyone in the state threw down a couple bucks.

we need an outdoor stadium or retractable roof forsure....we need teams to fear coming up to minnesota and playing against our defense and running game in the cold extremes of december and january...it would play right into our strengths.

I gotta go with RiverRat here, where is the money going to come from? I am probably in the complete minority here, but I don't think there is anything horrible about the dome, and in 2 years or whatever, Vikes would be the only team occupying it, wouldn't that mean more revenue for them then? Besides, we have to keep the dome or we would lose monster trucks, anyone realize that?