• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This is not Politically Correct

We are having a very toned down Christmas this year. Last year we all discussed Christmas (family and my friends) and decided we would no longer buy gifts that none of us really needed. Instead we all choose a charity or organization and make a donation. So this year I bought absolutely no presents. Somehow it just feels so much better to give to those who are truly in need. My choices were phone cards for soldiers and Second Harvest food banks. I will be going to my sisters lodge in Mora, hopefully we will be able to have our hayride again this year.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

We will be attending our church services, then celebrating with our girls on Christmas Eve. The 26th sees the first batch of relatives coming in, as my hubby's family arrives from Chicago. My family starts arriving the 28th, while hubby's family leaves early on the 29th.

It will be very hectic, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! A fun addition this year will be the Swedish foreign exchange student that is staying with my sister this year. He hasn't been on a farm out here in the prairie yet, so it should be fun showing him how we play in the winter.

LOL...the young lad is in for a surprise. We had 2 Swedish exchange students living with us in the early 90's. I am willing to bet that his accent isn't even near the Minnesota Swedish accents. I understood them better then I do some of our local Swedes. laugh

We have Christmas Eve Mass to go to, and my son and his son will be added to our full house Christmas Day.

Grandma is happy to have all back. Grandpa is doing ok too.

I wil be going to my sister Mary's house on Chrismas eve. The whole family will get togeter early afternoon for cookies and yulegrit(ricepudding) and then we will all disperse. I will go to the church service at 4pm and then back to my sister Mary's house for the traditional swedish christmas dinner of lutefisk, meatballs and such. Christmas day I will be at my sister Ruths home for make your own pizza and then on sunday we are all getting togther at my stepmoms house to open stockings and gifts. Busy time of year.

Hope

merry christmas to all! I just got back from part 1 of 3 of our christmas plans. We got back from Albert Lea last night after a shakey trip down and back for my Dad's side of the family x-mas. Christmas day will see us at her family's place on Bald eagle Lake. Then, we will celebrate Christmas, New Year's and my Mom's birthday on New Year's Eve.