• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best baits

BuckKiller

Not sure about all the knocks on topwater baits....Weagles and Pacemakers are still at the top of the list for me. I have a couple bucktails from Nug Tackle I did well with, and Suicks have been around forever for a reason......

So of course I did well on my SuperDs as I use/test them all the time while on the water but I also did real well on Andys Shack Attack swimbaits this year. That guy makes one heck of a swimbait. I just saw a few more of his lures for the 2009 shows/retail sales and they look great! I punch out SuperDs left and right but I gotta tell ya, Andy is an artist when it comes to making a great looking and perfoming swimbait.

Also did well on the good old Johnson Silver Minnow with a yellow Uncle Josh pork rind twisty tail and of course my favortie lure of all time, the SUICK!!! They have a new 12" that is great.

So of course I did well on my SuperDs as I use/test them all the time while on the water but I also did real well on Andys Shack Attack swimbaits this year. That guy makes one heck of a swimbait. I just saw a few more of his lures for the 2009 shows/retail sales and they look great! I punch out SuperDs left and right but I gotta tell ya, Andy is an artist when it comes to making a great looking and perfoming swimbait.

Also did well on the good old Johnson Silver Minnow with a yellow Uncle Josh pork rind twisty tail and of course my favortie lure of all time, the SUICK!!! They have a new 12" that is great.

u make the Grunt Crank Baits? if so, someone told me this yr that the guy who makes the grunts crushed some huge ski's this yr... is that true? and alot of #s as well...please confirm?

My favorite baits change from year to year. This year it was the mepps magnum muskie killer, it's easy to throw all day long and burn, easy to 8 and it catches just as big of Muskies as the twin 10's do! And the Rumbler for topwater was my favorite. And can't count out the regular bulldawgs.

Slow Rollin-It wasn't me that crushed the fish this year... The fish crushed me... No lie, I suck at fishing. LOL Even hammer handle pike look at me and laugh when I try to do a figure 8. Plus I was not out on the water much this year. I have a 3&4 year old, a full time job plus I put out a LOT of lures in 2008 so the water time did not happen for me this year.

I did have a customer though this year that got a monster on a Grunt. He said he was just letting the lure back for a trolling run and it was maybe a few inches under the water and a musky T-boned it and the lure and fish came completely out of the water. He said it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. My Grunt is almost 17 inches long and 13oz. Man, if you could only capture something like that on film!

i have a few grunts...i really like how they look...very nice patterns and painting on them....i just cant get a fish to nail one. they have good wobble in the water.. how is your feed back from people on the grunts? have caught a good # of fish on cranks, just yet to break in the grunts. maybe only a matter of time... really like the profile!!! didnt u crush a few hogs on Tonka this yr?

To tell you the truth I do not get a lot of feedback on my Grunts. I know more than half never see the water. Most sit on a desk or hang on a cabin wall never to see the water. I have sold under 1000 of those lures in a few years. As for Tonka, my buddy and I got a few one night. Well, he got a 47" adn 48" back to back in about 15 minutes and I had one on in that same time for about 10 seconds... Did I mention I stink at fishing? My biggest fish this year was a 46" pike.

17" long. wow.. does guys crankin with it or just mainly a troll bait?

I do have some guys who try to cast them but I have tried and its not the most fun thing to do... Most troll them between 2-4mph. Like I said, many never see the water as they just go on a desk or wall in a cabin.

As you can see, they are big:

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

This was my first lure I started making. Could not afford a Wishmaster for $300 so I went out and for that $300 I was able to buy all the wood working equipment to make my Grunts. To tell you the truth, I really wish I had bought a Wishmaster lure with that $300. What a great bait to own in a collection now. Too bad Rolf past away. He was a true master bait builder!!!

I truly do owe my existence of my current company to Rolf! Wish I had met the guy at least once...

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

James

This was my first year fishing muskie, and I only caught them with a few things so they were all the best for me, shumway screamer, pacemaker, suick (which produced my biggest fish of the year), and flies which I have caught the most 'skies on so far.

Bulldawgs proved to be the go-to bait for the 3rd year in a row. Alot have come and gone, but I still have an original cisco dawg that has around 7 fish to it's credit and is still going strong. Lost the biggest fish I had a chance at this year on it.

Also did well on the LOWrider when the time was right, as usual.

12 inch Suick came off the bench late and produced well too.

Blades just didn't cut it for me this year, got a couple fish but didn't get half as much water time as they did last year, still throwing them after dark most of the time though.