Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geppy

HSO show on Gunflint

4 posts in this topic

I'm going up to Hungry Jack lodge which is about half hour to fourty five minutes north of grand marais to go Snowmobliling. I was going to bring my portable house up with everything else to see if we couldnt find some fish on one of the lakes up there. I just watched the show and they said it was on the gunflint trail which we snomobile on. Does anyone know if it would be possible to snowmobile and pull the house to gunflint lake? i tried to find a map to see how far away the lodge and the lake were apart but couldnt find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

The lodge is on the lake, you'll have no problem getting to it. There are tons of great lake along the gunflint that you can drop your sled and tow your portable. We go up to Musquash and do just that every year. Use Google Earth and you can get tons of information. Also, check the rules and the specific of the lake your going on, so don't allow live bait. But you can catch a ton of splake jigging dead minnows.