• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bad new and Good news

BAD - laptop picked up a nasty bug from facebook. Using my sisters computer now.

Good - I get to see snow again

Bad - Its not MN

Good - New York City, all expences paid by my brother in law. my sisters and I have NEVER done anything with out a bunch of kids so my brother in law suggested we go on a trip together.

BAD - I can only go if I fly. Needless to say I dont fly!I am terrified of heights I dont sail or go on cruises,(not sure what I am doing in FL) I hate tall building and elevators and tall bridges (yes I close my eyes even if I am driving)

Any suggestions on drugs to ask my doctor for? I get nervous walking into airports when I'm not flying. I'm afraid I will chicken out at the last minute. Then everyone will be very upset with me.

BAD - I can only go if I fly. Needless to say I dont fly!I am terrified of heights I dont sail or go on cruises,(not sure what I am doing in FL) I hate tall building and elevators and tall bridges (yes I close my eyes even if I am driving)

Any suggestions on drugs to ask my doctor for? I get nervous walking into airports when I'm not flying. I'm afraid I will chicken out at the last minute. Then everyone will be very upset with me.

Wow, you sound just like me. I have never been on a commercial flight in my life and don't know if I ever could. If it were me you would have to completely knock me out. My doctor once gave me something to relax me before a medical procedure but I can't remember what it was, only that it worked really great.

I think thats what it going to take to get me on there. My sister said to ask for Adavan? adavare??? Ada-something and have a coctail with it but flight leaves at 7am. Little to early for a coctail.

DeeDee, we need to see if we are related! grin

I am very afraid of heights, claustrophobic, and have motion sickness issues. Not a good combination for flight!

I was forced to fly when my hubby won a trip to Hawaii in 2004. Now when we fly, I take a Benedryl for my ears (it also makes me drowsy), and regular Dramamine for my motion sickness issues. That combo makes me able to sleep on the plane, yet I am not affected for the whole day. An MP3 player with your favorite music is a must. That, and an understanding person sitting beside you who won't mind if you squeeze their hand when you get a bit nervous. blushgrin

My brother is stationed at West Point, so my entire family went out there a year ago this past July. It took three minivans to get us everywhere. He was leading us to the Jersey side for the whole Statue of Liberty thing, but accidentally led us to Manhattan. I drove over the George Washington bridge, through the Lincoln tunnel, and took a ferry to Ellis and Liberty Islands. Hows that for testing all of my major phobias in one trip? smilegrin

Sounds like my wife. About 5 years ago a company wanted me to do some training in Manila. They would have flown both my wife and I all expenses paid, hotel and all, plus a 3 day 2 night stay on a little resort Island name Boracay. Needless to say that her fear of flying kept her home while I went by myself.

Sorry to hear that Upnorth. How did you manage with out her?

Fishinchicks - thats funny. I am terrified at what is probably really dumb non-threatening things.

#1 FLYING - Biggest fear.

#2 Heights / elevators / bridges / anything I can fall off of.

#3 THUNDERSTORMS ! (may be tied for 2nd)

#4 Cruises/Ships, any boat that goes out farther then I can swim.

#5 Dentist

What I think is really funny. I'm not bothered by gators, snakes, spiders,(but I dont like other bugs) roller coasters, mice or walking thru the dark parking lot at Wal-Mart.

go figure

... but flight leaves at 7am. Little to early for a coctail.

Not when you figure what time you will have to get up and get going inorder to make your 7am flight. confused Might be a little more like a "liquid lunch" than a "breakfast bump".

A little Bailey's, little decaf coffee.... Nice long nap.

Alcohol and Narcotics... were is the bad in that??? grin

Fishinchicks - thats funny. I am terrified at what is probably really dumb non-threatening things.

#1 FLYING - Biggest fear.

#2 Heights / elevators / bridges / anything I can fall off of.

#3 THUNDERSTORMS ! (may be tied for 2nd)

#4 Cruises/Ships, any boat that goes out farther then I can swim.

#5 Dentist

What I think is really funny. I'm not bothered by gators, snakes, spiders,(but I dont like other bugs) roller coasters, mice or walking thru the dark parking lot at Wal-Mart.

go figure

That list could have been written by me! That pretty much covers all the major ones.

I have to say, I hate the things you are not bothered with, except walking through the dark Wal-Mart parking lot. I can handle that just fine.

After traveling across 1/2 the country on a train, and then flying back, I will take flying anyday. Mrs. Tom doesn't really enjoy the flying bit either, but she would rather spend the same amount of time on an airplane compared to sitting in a car. crazy

After traveling across 1/2 the country on a train, and then flying back, I will take flying anyday. Mrs. Tom doesn't really enjoy the flying bit either, but she would rather spend the same amount of time on an airplane compared to sitting in a car. crazy

Everytime we go up there we drive. Last year it took 30 hours. I thought it was a nice ride but who ever had to sit in the back seat wasnt to happy.

I would LOVE to see NYC! I probably just won't though....too many other places to go-fishing related. I feel for you DeeDee!! What are you going to do? We give our residents and the nursing home some adavan when they start getting a little over anxious and squirrely. Good LUCK!

I just got a Facebook account a coupla weeks back and now I'm a little scared!

I would LOVE to see NYC! I probably just won't though....too many other places to go-fishing related. I feel for you DeeDee!! What are you going to do? We give our residents and the nursing home some adavan when they start getting a little over anxious and squirrely. Good LUCK!

I just got a Facebook account a coupla weeks back and now I'm a little scared!

My friends say to ask for Adavan and BE AFRAID of facebook, My sister also got a virus she eventually got hers repaired. I was able to get mine back (but the video said it was from my sister and she didnt send it)so before I knew what the problem was I tried to open it again and so far I havent been able to repair my computer.

My husband uses it also and he hasnt had trouble. This was a video that said it was sent by my sister but she didnt send it. She got it from her daughter in law, but she didnt send it either???????? Who knows, good luck to ya. I'll stich with myspace, I havent had any trouble there.

I havent chickened out yet crazy but I thought about it so much yesterday I scared myself to a point I couldnt sleep. cry It was around 2 or 3 before I went to sleep. I dont know what I am going to do. If I take something I will pretty much ruin the first day and we are only there for 3 days. If I have a couple drinks before I might get sick. So I am trying to just butch up mad. Our flight leaves Ft. Lauderdale at 5 AM Friday morning and lands at La Guardia at 7:55 AM. So I guess if you see me on here at anytime this weekend that would mean I wussed out

my friend gave me 3 zanex (spelling?) One to try to make sure they work and one to get on the plane and one to get home. So far the one to see if it works, I dont think it works. What happens if you take one with a cocktail?