• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

wild itch

hey guys and gals, ive been pretty interested in making my own rod for a while. Now is the time for me to do it. I wanna build a ice rod for myself and a spinning open water rod for my dad. what do i need. I have a magazine of different items. I was thinking about just buying a packaged spinning rod for my dad and puting it together for my first time. but the ice rod I wanna do the hard way. kinda lost on what materials I need.

You will need a blank, a handle, a tip top guide and a 3 or 4 guides depending on the length and action of the blank. You will need an epoxy to glue the handle on, thread to wraps the guides on, and thread epoxy. You are going to need something to act as a stand, a cardboard box with v notches will work, a cup to put thread in and a couple of books to add tension on the thread.

Here is a thread from a while back that may help some. If you need more detail ask some specific questions and I will try to answer them.

browse this link

midwest rod and reel were really helpful for me. I went there looking to buy some items to make myself an UL ice rod and they hooked me up with everything I needed. They even gave me some tip top glue free of charge because they were out of the off the shelf stuff, great guys!