Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hanson

Thumbs Up to Strikemaster!

16 posts in this topic

If you've hung around the board here long enough, its no secret that countless topics over the years about the great customer service that Strikemaster has. However up until recently, I've never had to take advantage of their customer service. It was now my turn and its my turn to give Strikemaster a big Thank You.

My dad bought a Strike-Lite the first year they came out so about 3 years ago now, maybe more actually. First time we used it was the Winnibigoshish I.C.E. Series event a number of years ago to give you an idea on how long we've had the auger.

Last year, we got the sucker stuck DEEP in the ice on Upper Red with the extension on it. Late spring ice, the soft slushy kind. Anyway, in the process of augering holes around his auger and chipping away with the spud bar, we freed it and broke a lot of the plastic flighting off the auger shaft.

Just got a call from Cy at SM this morning and said the repairs to the Strike-Lite would be covered under warranty. I 'bout crapped my pants and asked him to repeat himself. Yep, covered under warranty. Gonna have a hard time finding a company now days that covers user inflicted damage to an item purchased over 3 years ago. Sweet!

Auger #2 that we dropped off was my good ole trusty Lazer Mag Xpress. It was "good ole trusty" until I broke the throttle linkage last year on URL as well. Something about that lake and equipment. Hmmm... Anyway, I wanted them to repair the linkage and take a look at the bearings in the gearcase cause it was starting to feel a little sloppy. Not sure if they did anything with the gearcase but $15 for the repairwork on my Lazer Mag.

Its no secret that SM has very reputable CS but this was my first experience using them in 5 years. Tell you what, I was just blown away this morning and it was 1-1/2 day turnaround as well.

Thanks guys!

I too have just experinced the wonderful customer service Strikemaster has. I bought a Laser Mag 2000 last year around xmas time. This was the first power auger I have ever owned or really used for that matter. When I was close to the bottom of the hole the auger would bind up on me. I didn't know what was wrong or if it was operator error. I called the last week and they told me it was do to over aggressive blades. I gave her the serial number and where I purchased it at And she said she would ship some new blades out to me. I had the in the mail in 2 DAYS! Thans Strikemaser, you are really a great company.

The people at StrikeMaster are top-notch! Cy is quite the character too and knows his stuff about augers! Nothing but positives coming from me about StrikeMaster.

If you ever get the chance to stop in at their headquarters in Big Lake I highly recommend it!

Bugman, I too bought a strikemaster Lazer Mag last year around christmas from a friend. He bought it new the year prior. My Lazer also binds up at the end of the hole. What steps should I take to fix this Since I'm not sure where he bought it? Auger runs awsome adn literally cruzes through the ice right up until it gets to the bottom of the hole....

Fever that was/is a common problem. Myself and a bunch of others I know had the same issue. Simply call Strikemaster and they will send you replacement blades at no cost. That should fix your problem...

Paceman, thanks for the quick response. I just fired them an e-mail. Hope to hear back from them soon. Good customer service like that is tough to beat! I drilled about 18 holes I think last night looking for crappies. It was a major workout as the blades would bind up at the end of each hole. Makes it tough to really move as much as you'd like.

I dont see strikemaster sending free blades to everyone who has cutting problems but they may help you out a bit on new ones.

Strikemasters customer service has been good for years, way before I was on FM.

I had a problem with the binding after I purchased a new Lazer Mag Express. It has something to do with the blades being out of pitch. They sent me new blades right away and that fixed it. Haven't had a problem since.

Good Luck!

CJH

Chris - I think my throttle assembly got toasted in the garage this summer somehow. Just emailed their CS address - I'm hoping it's a $15 fix for me too.

I had the ultra mag auger from strikemaster and it never worked right. The second year they gave me a new ultra mag bit for free and the 3rd year they replaced the bit with a 2 blade bit. I guess that some of the ultra mag bits work and some did not. Great service both times.

I have nothing against Strikemaster but there sure seems to be a LOT of posts about how great their service has been when one of their augers break. Almost enough to make someone scratch their head and ask why so many people are even having to find out about their service.

Probably because they outsell any other auger brand, there are bound to be some issues with sheer numbers and the way the product is used.

I recently sent in my Lazer Mag Express for a tune-up and coldn't be happier with the extremely fast turnaround time.

Not only does Strikemaster have great products, their Customer Service in uncomparable.

I have nothing against Strikemaster but there sure seems to be a LOT of posts about how great their service has been when one of their augers break. Almost enough to make someone scratch their head and ask why so many people are even having to find out about their service.

Well... like my initial post eluded to, my Lazer Mag Xpress gets used nearly every weekend from early Dec through to the beginning of April. 1st time in 5 years I've had to use their customer service.

I had the out of pitch blade problem with my auger last spring on my Mag xpress. Same results new ones sent to me. Had them the day after i called. Then this winter i was drilling a hole and the auger caught and was torn from my hands it hit the ice and bam there went the composite handle. Called customer service and what do they tell me? New Handle in 48 hours at no cost to me! Totallly my fault but they warantied it. Great to see a company that stands behind the products that they sell. They could have easily charged me for the handle and I would not have complained.

My composite just broke on my brand new Lazer mag express after the first two holes of the year were drilled. Fell right over and busted the handle on the throttle side. Called strikemaster today but they are off to the 5th of Jan. Good to hear about the similar problems and the customer service provides to their customers.